• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What is Nikon's Software like to use?

timus

Prominent Member
After seeing how easy the 350d is to use from playing with my Dad's software what is the D70s Software like to use with regards to the processing of raw images and general ease of use? I think that i may go with a D70s as it feels a lot bigger and easier to use. Plus the price on Jessops is quite competative but i think i could find it cheaper.

asidmax

Established Member
hello....

i think the nikon software is ok.. but 9 times out of 10 i will use Photoshop CS2, u can open an edit the NEF files in there with no problems :smashin:

i also have recently bought the nikon D70s.. love it to bits, the feel of it, the way its set out... and most of all the results it produces :thumbsup:

SSB

Prominent Member
Capture NX is OK, if a little slow and laborious - you can download a demo on the Nikon website. I use Capture One LE, which is much better IMO.

I don't think the software is that important when choosing a camera though.

D

Deleted member 27989

Don't know whether the software comes with the Nikon D70s...But the software wasn't included with my D70....

I've got Nikon Capture and it is very easy to use, not noticeably slower than Photoshop on my system...It is great as it does allow you to apply custom curves even after you've shot the image and give control over all the options of the NEF RAW format.....It's the only one that I know of that can keep non-destructive version control within the NEF file format....

Both Photoshop and even Photoshop Elements have no problem with the NEF format though...

timus

Prominent Member
Thanks i know its not that important but it helps because i have a laptop which already has Photoshop CS2 on so i just wanted to make sure that it will run alright thanks for the information. Now all i need to do is get on the phone to Jessops and see if they will price match the camera:smashin:

PaulBoy

Established Member
Don't know whether the software comes with the Nikon D70s...But the software wasn't included with my D70....
One of the major whinges from Nikon users is that you only get a "trial" version of their software (that and the fact that they don't include a CF or SD card with the camera :eek:)
PSPX for me which works brilliantly with digital images & can be had for peanuts online ... Paul ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom