What is my STR DB940 worth ?

rupertx

Hi Folks...
I have just swapped my trusty Sony STR db940 for a Denon 2307, purely for connectivity reasons, as I needed the hdmi output which the Sony didnt have.
My 940 is absolutely mint as it has spent all its life in the cabinet and is virtually untouched by human hands. Showroom condition.
Is the amp still worth anything on the market ? or are people only after the latest technology. It seems a shame to sit it in the loft until it falls to pieces.

dpstjp

Novice Member
Stick it on eBay. I was watching the price of the STR-DB930 recently for a private sale, and one went for £94 but had a dodgy remote, and the other went for £180 in mint condition.

No point sticking it in the attic. If it doesn't quite do the job for you now, then it will only fall in value before you sell it in five years time. In the meantime it's acted as some very expensive and probably quite useless roof insulation.

dpstjp

pete00

Novice Member
I'm just about to sell mine on ebay - mint condition with box. Most there seem to go for £100 - £140. Silver seems to be the most sought after.

Cable Monkey

Novice Member
930's are particularly sought after, hence the occasional high prices. If you get £100 plus carriage for a 940 you will have done very well IMO. While the reasons for the 930's cult status are understandable (they were more ES than QS under the skin) it can be frustrating when a similarly percieved product seems not to do so well.

vinny1

Novice Member
Just put my strdb940 in for repair as the output board has blown a couple of chips and sony want £275 for a replacement board.
Cosidering its age and the fact that it is used only for watching films on avarage of 1 a month this unit has had little use.
so if you want to part with your one let me know.

rupertx

Just put my strdb940 in for repair as the output board has blown a couple of chips and sony want £275 for a replacement board.
Cosidering its age and the fact that it is used only for watching films on avarage of 1 a month this unit has had little use.
so if you want to part with your one let me know.

PM sent.

vinny1

Novice Member
Thought id let you know my other half gave me £400 to get another reciever as the strdb940 is now dated and replaced by the strda1200es.
So on me way to the retailer.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom