What is my pc worth

sizemarlis

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there thinking of selling my gaming pc Just wanted some idea what people would be willing to pay
Specs

mobo gigabyte z77x 3dh
Cpu I5 3570k
Ram 16 gb corsair 1600 mhz
2 tb hdd 2 x 1000 gb
1000 watt ocz psu
h 80 cooler
corsair 300d case
gtx 670 sli
windows 7 premium 64 bit
Dvd rewriter

I'll start the bidding at 50p

A pound here , also can you post first..:laugh:

£1.23 and a box of cadburys heroes. Warning: may contain empty wrappers ...and nuts.

OK £2 here and a bluebird toffee...:smashin:

I would probably sell off the components separately.

My general feeling is that people tend to pay less for whole built systems and the market is smaller. At least with the components you can get rid of them quickly, as people are always looking for spare bits and bobs.

Motherboard - 70/80
CPU - 120
RAM - 50
Harddrive - 2x30
PSU - 30
Cooler - 15
Case - 30
GTX 670 - 2x80/90

If you are lucky with bids you may get up to 600 quid. I would probably pay about 400-500 for the system as a whole.

I would probably sell off the components separately.

My general feeling is that people tend to pay less for whole built systems and the market is smaller. At least with the components you can get rid of them quickly, as people are always looking for spare bits and bobs.

Motherboard - 70/80
CPU - 120
RAM - 50
Harddrive - 2x30
PSU - 30
Cooler - 15
Case - 30
GTX 670 - 2x80/90

If you are lucky with bids you may get up to 600 quid. I would probably pay about 400-500 for the system as a whole.
Ok thaks for the advice dont really think is worth selling then will just build a new pc the psu cost me 160 pounds

You don't really need to build a new PC, all you really need to do is swap out your graphics cards for a new 970 or 980 (in SLI if you have the dosh).

Your motherboard and CPU are still completely relevant, you can possibly look at swapping the i5 out for an i7 a bit later.

Then buy a SSD for the OS install. Your PC core is still really good, only the graphics card need updating and the addition of a SSD will speed up general use immensely.

To sell the system, just to buy a new one, would be a waste really. I thought you were selling to give up PC gaming.

You don't really need to build a new PC, all you really need to do is swap out your graphics cards for a new 970 or 980 (in SLI if you have the dosh).

Your motherboard and CPU are still completely relevant, you can possibly look at swapping the i5 out for an i7 a bit later.

Then buy a SSD for the OS install. Your PC core is still really good, only the graphics card need updating and the addition of a SSD will speed up general use immensely.

To sell the system, just to buy a new one, would be a waste really. I thought you were selling to give up PC gaming.

Agree there too. I thought you were selling it to get rid, not to upgrade to a new one. As Sinzer said, you wouldn't need much to bring that up to spec. CPUs have not moved on massively the last few years for desktops.

Id imagine that setup would keep you going for a bit longer as it is.

It still performs really well for gaming can max any game atm still, i just like up to date parts maybe ddr4 and new cpu gtx 670 sli still beats gtx 970 would like more vram though 2 gb is getting to near the limit now for gaming

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom