What Is It With Amazon

nheather

Distinguished Member
I'd read the stories about Amazon letting customers down with HD-DVDs and Wii Consoles but was really surprised to see that my children (indirectly) may suffer at their hands over Viva Pinata.

My sister who is currently working briefly in New Zealand asked me what my children would like for Christmas - ordering from Amazon because they allow delivery to other addresses and do gift wrapping.

This was at the beginning of December.

As of yesterday still hadn't received anything and sort of put it down to my sister not getting round to the order (because she can be a little forgetful) so I rang her.

She sent me a screen shot of the order

Placed on the 4th Dec
Order Status = Not Dispatched
Stock Status = In Stock (as it has been reported for the whole period)
Postage = 1st Class
Extras = Gift Wrapping
Dispatch Estimate = 13th to 19th December
Delivery Estimate = 15th to 21st December

Automated Telephone Status Message - Your order is progressing NORMALLY !!!!

I can't imagine what they are playing at.
They are either lying about the stock status or have some other problem.

I wonder whether 'gift packing' is causing a backlog.

Rant over.

Cheers,

Nigel

cybrey

I ordered a parcel from them on the 4th of December also. They packaged and shipped it on the 6th .. estimated delivery was 8-14th December.... I'm still waiting. They also have this stupid policy of not allowing you to chase the order until 3 days after the expected delivery date.

I say this every year, this'll be the last year I order from them :)

BrokenArrow

Novice Member
I've placed three different orders with them this month, two of the orders having more than one item. I chose free delivery on all of them and received them all within a week of placing the order.

Over four years and about £1,500 of orders, I've never had a problem.

ThePiousFlea

Novice Member
I ordered a parcel from them on the 4th of December also. They packaged and shipped it on the 6th .. estimated delivery was 8-14th December.... I'm still waiting. They also have this stupid policy of not allowing you to chase the order until 3 days after the expected delivery date.

I say this every year, this'll be the last year I order from them :)
Surely this is an example of how crap the postal service is, not Amazon, as they shipped your product fairly fast?

The 3 day wait seems sensible to me too, you'd have people screaming when it's one day late because the postman didn't bother to deliver on a given day.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom