What IS going on with voice communication on the PS3

po_man

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I just find it crazy that there is no offical headset currently available - yes i know some BT headsets will work (but not seamlessly) but i'd really rather have something offical and for it to integrate perfectly with the console.

Voice communication is vital for most online games yet the 'popular' option on most games is to 'send a text' style messsge to communicate! :eek:

So, does anyone know if a official headset is in the pipeline? Surely it must be?

I assume it will be out soon. I don't see the problem with using any bluetooth headset, I picked up a Motorolla one for £20 and have had no problems with connectivity with the PS3.

you can use the old PS2 Socom headset, it works fine.

I assume it will be out soon. I don't see the problem with using any bluetooth headset, I picked up a Motorolla one for £20 and have had no problems with connectivity with the PS3.

Which one did you get please?

I'm interested in getting one to play with Motorstorm and Resistance. Have you tried it with them?

Thanks.

my old socom headset is held together with tie wraps as it saw rather alot of use with socom 1 + 2. hardly looks next gen hanging out of my PS3 :rolleyes:

i too would snap up an official BT headset should one become available, some of the cheaper BT headsets look terrible.

SONY :lease:

I've got a black samsung that looks and does the business that I got free with my e900 cause it looks like the ps3...a bit

wep150img.jpg

however I would like to get a pair of these sometime soon

motorola_ht820.jpg

Why should Sony produce an "official PS3 headset"?!

Surely, the whole point of using bluetooth is to give the end user the choice to use whichever "off the shelf" one they want and not tie them into buying an overpriced "official" one.... like some other next gen console does :devil:

Well an official one would help alot, i know alot of bt headsets suffer on ps3 i have went through a few already. I settled on the motorola but even then if it happends to turn off and the ps3 on if i turn it back on it crashes my ps3. Also alot of them require you to resynch every single time you turn your ps3 on. An official one would hopefully fix all these problems.

i agree, there is far to much mucking about to get BT to work, when it does its fine but its such a pain if it doesn't, BTW i have a Motorola 350. This is where Sony need to concentrate if they want HOME to be a large success, after all its all about communication and ATM its dire with no real support. I personally give chat support on the PS3 4/10 compared to 10/10 for the 360 i have with wireless headset which "just works" out of the box

Precisely! I just want something that's made specifically for the PS3 and that integrates as well as the Xbox voice chat!
Not something that will crash my system and that requires constant 'pairing' with the PS3

Is it too much to ask? :rolleyes:

So has anyone found a Headset that actually work properly :confused:

I'm interested in using it on Motorstorm and RFOM.

I'm with the majority of you though, why Sony don't just bring out an official one I don't know..It's not like they don't have links in the phone/headset business already is it! :rolleyes:

I would agree with the OP. I baught a cheap BT headset from Argos and it didnt work with Moterstorm. It would be alot easier just to go into your local games shop and buy an official one that you know works

Well I use a SonyEricsson DS970 stereo BT headset (with my P990i) that works fine but you can't have both earplugs in as only voice is heard in the headset not the games sounds so wouldn't advice anybody to get stereo ones unless Sony enable full audio streaming not just voice.

There are cheaper ones that will do the job but I already had the DS970 & it works fine.

(Only used with Motorstorm though, don't have RFOM)

i bought the mortorola h700 from carphonewarehouse for £40 quid i think u can get the h350? for 20 quid and it also works on my sony ericsson

yeah the h350 from Motorola is £19.99 from carphone warehouse, thats where i got mine, its my 2nd attempt with bluetooth headset as my 1st one (something else from Argos) was too quiet in the volume department and you had to shout in it to be heard. I wouldn't really recommend this one either as i've had it lockup my PS3 a fair few times, usually with Motorstorm (when it wants to work with it that is), and even then i've had it boot out of Motorstorm back to the main PS3 dash also.

Its getting annoying to say the least, i just want soemthing that you turn on then forget about it becasue you know it works everytime

it doesnt state on the back of the motorstorm box that it is headset enabled, unlike RFOM etc, so maybe thats where some peeps probs lie? :hiya:

Its getting annoying to say the least, i just want soemthing that you turn on then forget about it becasue you know it works everytime

I hear exactly what you're saying!!! :(

I bought a Motorola H350 and it does not work with Motorstorm. It also causes game crashes and switches itself off for no reason. It also has to be paired with the PS3 everytime you switch on the PS3. It does work with R:FOM though.

I then bought a LOGITECH - PREMIUM USB HEADSET 350 (wired heaset) from PC World. This works no problem with both games. It was £49.99, but the online price is £29.99 (can reserve online and collect in store). Also use it for Skype on the PC.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=384683&category_oid=

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom