What is faulty: my DP or my DVD

J

JamesPS

After some time playing a DVD (15 min), the Dolby Digital sound track makes some noise (small clicks). The time between these noises (like a short digital signal noise) decreases with the time, and after 15 min more the only sound I hear is this "digital" noise on all channels.
If the source is DTS or PCM-signal every thing is correct.

If interest:
Soft. v 4.31 (with Steve's DTS correction)
DVD: It's a cheap Pioneer

I don't know if I should replace the DVD or send the DP to repair. Any help is appreciated

Joelc

Quick thought...borrow a friend's DVD player and see whether the problem persist...if not, then it is the DVD player...if yes, then it is, unfortunately, the AV32R...

Hope that helps.

Miron

James, unfortunately sounds like DP, since this failure was reported rom time to time.
Still, there is a hope, go somewhere and borrow a player for a hour or so, you'll know it fast enough.

benzol

Miron said:
James, unfortunately sounds like DP, since this failure was reported rom time to time.
Still, there is a hope, go somewhere and borrow a player for a hour or so, you'll know it fast enough.

Hi,
I had a similar problems, only when turning the volume knob or pressing the odd button on the front panel.
So I had undone all the TAG-Tronic bus and it was gone.
So with a bit of experimenting I managed to chain all my goodies in a sequence where the small clicks where dissapeared.

Just try to disconnect the Tag-Bus.

my 2 cents

benzol

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom