1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is DLP??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by volrath-nje, Nov 13, 2004.

1. volrath-nje

volrath-nje

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry guys, but I have had my head buried in the sand for the last three years after buying a SONY 42" RP TV. I am now looking to make a new purchase and would like to know what DLP is. (im thinking Dual Layer Processing???). Please help to educated an uneducated member.

Thankyou in advance for any positive posts.

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,427
  3. Billy Hunt

Billy Hunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Interesting link, the flash movie was very enlighting, I want to go to a DLP cinema. [drool]
    I think my next TV is going to be a DLP I was amazed at the picture quality in my local comet.

4. Salman

Salman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone who wants to know about DLP tecnology would get simple and excellent info from Optoma's website. Nice AV file explaining the technology

5. Salman

Salman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry members. The file mentioned is a duplicate of the one that is already given. Forgive the misdirection. :oops:

6. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is the picture quality like on a DLP???

How would you compare it against CRT/Plasma/Projector etc??? I want to upgrade my 32" but won't see any benefit from plasma as its not going on the wall!! Can't find a decent way to hide a projector (from an aesthetics perspective) So need to find a nice larger screen that fits my bill!!!

If PQ isn't upto I'll have to stick with my CRT :mad: :mad:

Thanks
    Stace :D

7. Billy Hunt

Billy Hunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Well I've currently got what I consider one of the better pictures you can get on a CRT I forget the model number but it's a 36inch widescreen Philips with 100hz motion scan blah blah, everyone comments how good the pictures is.
    But the Sagem I saw in Comet just blew me away it's easily the best picture I have ever seen from any kind of TV/projector.
    Even my wife loved it and she's hard to please, she said it almost looked 3D or as if you were looking through a window, admittedly it was playing a high definition source but it really is something worth looking into if your in the market for a new TV.