• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What is Diff between 40v4000 and 40w4500

zubo

Standard Member
All

I am interested in the difference between the Sony V range and the W range
Also the 4500 seems newer than 4000 but what is the difference?

All I'm initially going to do is watch SKY HD and normal digital TV but may progress to blueray player and ultimitely when I have enough money PS3...

So I am thinking W4500 but don't they all use the new Bravia Engine and dont they all do this RGB pixel stuff to get sharp blacks??

Saw the W4500 in a Sony shop playing a cartoon and it was awesome, but could I get same from the cheaper models???

let me know please

thanks

george

boxrick

Prominent Member
IMHO i find the V panels poor, lots of motion blurring....

The W4000/4500 give a much superior picture for not a whole lot more money ...

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
both at least great,but the W4500 is definitely much better and worth the extra money

Veni Vidi Vici

Prominent Member
All

I am interested in the difference between the Sony V range and the W range
Also the 4500 seems newer than 4000 but what is the difference?

All I'm initially going to do is watch SKY HD and normal digital TV but may progress to blueray player and ultimitely when I have enough money PS3...

So I am thinking W4500 but don't they all use the new Bravia Engine and dont they all do this RGB pixel stuff to get sharp blacks??

Saw the W4500 in a Sony shop playing a cartoon and it was awesome, but could I get same from the cheaper models???

let me know please

thanks

george

Check the links.....it shows the difference. Click on the 'tech specs' tab for more info.

Product Comparison : TV and projectors : Overview : Sony

http://www.sony.co.uk/comparison/kdl40w4500u/kdl40w4000u

Last edited:

zubo

Standard Member
Hi All

I've been going around and around which model etc etc.

Plan A was to get a Sony 40" W4500 for the lounge and move the Philips 37" I have into the bedroom...

but... 37" seems much too big for the bedroom even if the bedroom is big!

Plan B - I have a chance of buying a hardly used ex demo Sony KDL32-W4000 at a silly price of £299 and am SO tempted... the seller will ship to me from Italy but it has full guarantees etc etc

I am a little bothered that reviews of this say the Freeview is poor but mostly I'll use Sky anyway... so any comments anyone might have before I make my decision would TRULY be welcome

thanks guys

george

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
at £300?????if you are sure that everything is ok with the display model,just run and get it,even sd analogue on mine looks great,this price is unbelievable even for a display model!

zubo

Standard Member
at £300?????if you are sure that everything is ok with the display model,just run and get it,even sd analogue on mine looks great,this price is unbelievable even for a display model!

there is the rub... I have full guarantees but I have not seen it, so I'm going to buy it...

allegedly he has 4 at this price...

george

zt1903

Distinguished Member
there is the rub... I have full guarantees but I have not seen it, so I'm going to buy it...

allegedly he has 4 at this price...

george

Do you know the seller? Are you sure that he's legit?

Be wary especially if payment terms leave you unprotected e.g. wiring cash instead of using credit card/paypal.

There's been a lot of ebay/amazon marketplace/etc scams that sound like this. Especially where the seller has more than one set at incredible prices

zubo

Standard Member
exactly my sentiments.

I certainly will not be wiring direct etc, but looking for solid guarantees...

I sent the guy my address details ago, having agreed to transact the sale through Amazon but he has gone quiet on me and a chasing email....

scam I think...

george

zubo

Standard Member
Well, absolutely no response.

So this guy now has my name and address.....

anyway, I noticed that Tesco's were selling these and with delivery just bought one £425.55

Good enough - its new, its Tescos any problems I'll go kick [email protected]@

george

alsina

Prominent Member
Well, absolutely no response.

So this guy now has my name and address.....

anyway, I noticed that Tesco's were selling these and with delivery just bought one £425.55

Good enough - its new, its Tescos any problems I'll go kick [email protected]@

george

The V4000, thought you were talking about the W4000. Think everyone else did too.

zubo

Standard Member
Dyslexia rules KO :):):)

I cannot believe I posted W not V

I guess I can see why the W would have been such a really great bargain... what an absolute donkey....

nonetheless, may not be so exciting, still think the v4000 is a great model and well priced.

Apologies all for the wee mistake

george

Cheekster

Prominent Member
Believe the W4500 is a 100Hz set whereas the cheaper V4000 range isn't.

Bought my Sister a Sony 32V4000 from JL, H.W. £329.99 incl free 5 yr warranty.

Had a 40V4000 delivered for my bedroom yesterday, again from JL, H.W. for £599.99 delivered. Sony Style on-line shop want £935 (supposedly a saving of £250!) for the same set.

Cheekster.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom