• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What is best media streamer to connect MCE PC to my LCD TV

C

chezabha

Hi
Hoping someone can help. I have just purchased a new JVC 37" HD screen for the living room. My sound system is a Bose lifestyle 30. I am looking to stream music, digital media and sky TV from my HP MCE PC in the bedroom upstairs. I am looking to do away with the Sky + box and DVD player in the living room.

I am getting a little confused with all the jargon I have read! I hear the X-Box 360 would be a good option but I just read that it will not record or pause TV. So with that in mind I don't see how it can be a true media centre extender. Also would it be best to go wireless or wired. I am looking for maximum quality. The xbox did seem like a good idea because you still have the DVD drive.

One last thing. Is it possible to use the LCD panel as a PC monitor so I can surf the net. If it was I could do away with the laptop also?

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom