1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is best 36" TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Steve N, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Steve N

Steve N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    After reading the problem threads on the Pannys (which I was thinking of buying) But frightened off now.

I was wondering what sets other users have been pleased with and would reccomend

Is there an ideal set out there - I want superb picture, Not worried about sound as will use system. Also want plenty of inputs (RGB,S-Video + component)

2. billystevo

billystevo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Everyone has there own favorite manufacturer,mine being Panasonic. You will have to to see for yourself what you can get for £X you want to spend. Ive just bought a TX-36 PL 32 as i don't need the Dolby sound stuff as i have an Yamaha amp. What i have done this time is get a 5 year repair warranty for £178 as i think the quality of av equipment is hit and miss nowadays.I'm happy with my TV , good hunting and let us know what you get in the end. :D

3. fdxd

fdxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The panny pd50 is probably the overall best. Its expensive however.

4. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Steve,

Please don't be put off by a few rogue Panny's!

I bet there are a hundred (possibly thousand) satisfied Panny owners for every problem on the Forum.

If you're after a manufacturer that has a 100% fault/reliability record then you'll never buy another TV!

Panasonic, Toshiba and Sony are all highly rated (but not perfect).

Perhaps it's more important to go to a supplier with a good Customer Service policy.

Good luck. :smashin: