• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What is an unlocked phone?

nathanb

Standard Member
I am due to sell my iPhone very soon as the contract is close to expiration. I will be placing an ad on ebay and AV forums and wish to know what an unlocked phone is.

I am aware that an unlocked phone can use a SIM from any network but when/how does a phone become unlocked.

Am I right in thing that when my contract expires O2 will no longer have and 'hold' over my phone so it can be used by any network?

When the contact finishes, is it unlocked?

Many thanks

Nathan

chelsea.tone

Distinguished Member
I am due to sell my iPhone very soon as the contract is close to expiration. I will be placing an ad on ebay and AV forums and wish to know what an unlocked phone is.

I am aware that an unlocked phone can use a SIM from any network but when/how does a phone become unlocked.

Am I right in thing that when my contract expires O2 will no longer have and 'hold' over my phone so it can be used by any network?

When the contact finishes, is it unlocked?

Many thanks

Nathan

Not a good idea :rolleyes:

RobM

Distinguished Member
Very true and well spotted CT... if you want to advertise on AVForums, you only advertise on AVForums. If it's on eBay it can't be advertised here at the same time. Take your pick :smashin:

nathanb

Standard Member
Oh sorry guys wasnt aware of that. I'll try sell on AV 1st!!

Thanks also for the link RobM83 for the link also!!

Nathan

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom