What is a Half Scart?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Andy LCD, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Andy LCD

Andy LCD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused: Apparantly my new tv has a half scart connection? Could someone please tell me what this is & what does it mean???? I tried plugging my Sky+ box into this but the picture was there without the sound!:confused:

2. sponnie

sponnie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm not sure but it might mean that you only have an RGB (Red, Green, Blue) connection on your tv. This provides only picture. I've seen RGB scarts that's why I'm guessing that's what it is. Apparently the picture is significantly better this way. I think you might have to use a reciever for sound?

Does your tv have other connections for sound input?

3. Andy LCD

Andy LCD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, at present I am using the "full" scart to connect my Sky+ & the "half" scart for my DVD with surround sound which is therefore o.k. I just wondered what it was & what was the point!:cool:

4. sponnie

sponnie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah I don't know what the point is either. Maybe it lets a better signal get through without any interference from sound signals?

I guess if you only have a half scart connection you can't do a comparison to see if there is much difference in picture quality from that and a normal scart :rolleyes: