What is A Good Subwoofer To Pair With My Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar For my Living Room in My Coop

allstarr373

Novice Member
I recently found out that my all in 1 Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar has the ability for me to add a subwoofer to it. As a result, I am now looking for a good subwoofer to pair with the soundbar however my space is a bit limited and my living room layout is not idle. Caddy corner tv, a long wall on the side, swivel fireplace under tv preventing subwoofer from being under tv.

The main thing is that I do have neighbors under me and next door to me. I am looking to be a good neighbor and not annoy anyone however although I love the soundbar I feel that it is missing that bass sound effect, that punch on parts of the movie that I was used to with my previous soundbars.
We watch a lot of movies and tv. We don't really listen to music through the soundbar as we listen to it through Alexa.

My budget is around $600. Peope say SVS, KLIPSCH, DEF TECH, , AND OTHERS FROM WHAT I YOUTUBE AND GOOGLE. Then there is ported and sealed and the size of the subwoofer driver. But I'm completely clueless

The distance from the tv to my sofa is about 15 feet. I do have a sectional, and the living room is open concept. I believe I will need a wireless subwoofer as under my tv and soundbar I installed a swivel fireplace to fill up the gap under my caddy corner tv (the only option I had) tv is 82 inches. I used to have a subwoofer behind the sofa, as well as I tried it on the left and right sides of the sofa.
I'm just looking for the best one, soundwise, price-wise, investment-wise for my setup as well as something that is good on sound where it won't shake my picture frames.
I included some pictures of my living room layout. Some pictures are current, and some are old ( the picture with the smaller tv is the previous owner's) lol.

Attachments

• 20210205_160355.jpg
    20210205_160355.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20190204_130046.jpg
    IMG_20190204_130046.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 37
  • LIVING ROOM LAYOUT.jpg
    LIVING ROOM LAYOUT.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
The open space would steer me toward larger ported model, but with the soundbar at front and if you have to have sub next to couch plus this is cozy looking living room with neighbours so there is limitations. I would prefer to have it at front, but you don´t have much options other than maybe the right side to soundbar or not. Your soundbar does have calibration with mic. Probably one of the best soundbars out there so that´s nice. It`s quite lottery where the sub sounds best so you have to play around.

Example from SVS you would have two models in that price range (first one has 3 finishes):

SVS has wireless adapter too if you go that route.

There is also outlet special with full warranty the compact powerfull sealed SVS SB2000 in black ash.
SB-2000 - Black Ash - Outlet

Only nitpick may be the metal front grill which comes forward. The SB1000 Pro has fabric one so make sure you google that..

allstarr373

Novice Member
Gasp 3621 Thank you for replying to my post. Yea my living room stinks. But I try to work around the obstacles so to speak. The SVS subwoofers you recommended I have been looking at for a few days so far. I just don't know if it will be too overpowering for my living room, such as a lot of vibration to the point I will need to turn to volume 1 and or pretty much shut off completely where it becomes useless to have.

I'm not all too familiar with ported or not ported, as well as what is the appropriate size woofer for my space.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Gasp 3621 Thank you for replying to my post. Yea my living room stinks. But I try to work around the obstacles so to speak. The SVS subwoofers you recommended I have been looking at for a few days so far. I just don't know if it will be too overpowering for my living room, such as a lot of vibration to the point I will need to turn to volume 1 and or pretty much shut off completely where it becomes useless to have.

I'm not all too familiar with ported or not ported, as well as what is the appropriate size woofer for my space.

The sealed route could be quite ideal considering it´s compact sized (SB1000 Pro is 13,5"x13"x14,75" with grille) and good looking for living room (see gloss finishes). Also you are afraid of neighbour hearing the sub, but i think day/early evening time you shouldn´t have issues if the house has decent sound proofing like not every stomp and things falling on floor isnt heard. If you keep it nearfield you don´t have to run it loud to get some impact, this will also help with the neighbour issue. Also you can buy some isolation pad under it to decouple it from floor which i will link, Auralex is most popular choice but expensive. If you know your neighbour like you are good pals ask that you do test, play some latest blockbuster movie and find the master volume of your system where he can hear the sub. Easy to chat via text message if you know him well. I don´t know the Sennheiser auto calibration but i think you will set the sub to certain level to match speakers (don´t be afraid the loud noises in this part), afterwards it should sound balanced. You will control the SVS sub via phone app so it´s like remote you can turn it down easily at late night and get back to normal calibrated levels at day time. Oh and keep in mind that you have 45day home trial (free return) as you live in US with SVS products. :)

They do offer the best conditions from any product, also great customer service/support with chat and email help daily. And long 5year amp warranty! So in that sense you can´t go wrong with the brand. See also below the extras:

Amazon product
Amazon product
I think the below video would give better idea of the real world size for SB1000 (non Pro), it´s the white one.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom