• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

what ipod connector to use for 2004 honda crv?

Big Davy

Standard Member
Hi,

I have an ipod nano and after using various fm modulators with various degrees of success have decided to bite the bullet and get something more permanent installed to hook the nano up to my Honda CRV factory radio.

I have read about various solutions such as Dension and whatnot but wonder if any of you have experience with a particular set up that works well , especially if it is with a Honda CRV. Also, if anyone could recommend a suppler or installer in the Belfast area would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Big D

jont

Prominent Member
AFAIK the Dension is an FM unit too ? Friend of mine has just had one installed in his BMW and he has to set a radio frequency for it ?

Do you know if there is a line-in socket on the back of your radio in the honda ? If so use that and you'll get a reasonable quality sound but not any control functions ...

Have you trie dlooking on the Apple website to see if they have a kits/3rd party products for Honda's ? http://www.apple.com/ipod/ipodyourcar/

Jon

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
I believe there's two types of FM connection - wired and wireless. The wired is of course preferable because it's less prone to interference.

If your HU has a CD autochanger socket there's a possibility you could have a connection with full control too.

colcraig72

Established Member
I have a 2006 CR-V, and I used it in the 2005 CR-V and I have the Dension Ice Link Plus installed, you need to find out what king of stereo you have fitted as standard in your model of CRV.

I am positive you can find it on the Dension web site. Mine is wired into the CD Changer on the back of the stereo and the iPOD Mini is secured with a Brodit Mount.

Works a treat and is very easy to fix - even for a non DIY type person !!

_Dom_

Standard Member
this is cool :clap: - I was thinking there was no hope for me as I had a factory fitted Honda cd radio other than to replace it with a new head unit. I also have a cd changer - I presume this will be made redundant by using this ice Link thing ? Also please can you tell us how much it roughly costs ? cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom