1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what instead of Sagem Axium 50" ???

Discussion in 'TVs' started by pmcomp, Feb 5, 2005.

1. pmcomp

pmcomp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm new here. I'm from Poland therefore please forgive me my english. I know, it's poor.
    I've got old body Philips 55" CRT projection TV and there is the time to change it for something newer (with component and DVi inputs). I though about Sagem Axium 50". Unfortunatelly I've read here that is doesn't support HDCP on DVi input.
    My DVD-Player is Marantz DV8300 wothout digital outputs but I would like to buy Cinemateq scaler. Is it big fault with this Cinemateq to use Sagem Axium without HDCP? Cinemateq has not DVi inpouts, has "only" component.
    If not what could you recomend for me in DLP technology? I though about Samsung SP50L3HX.

Pleas give me the best advice based on your experience.
    Thanks a lot.
    BR

Piotr

2. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    HDCP is not an issue over analogue connections (such as component). It applies only to digital (HDMI or DVI).

The problem for UK buyers is that Sky have announced their intention to broadcast their forthcoming HD service using HDCP with a digital connection on the STB. Hence this makes the current 50" Sagem model incompatible.

The other current DLP models all support HDCP. The SP50L3HX is not available in the UK at present, so don't expect you'll receive many replies on this forum. Try over at AVS Forum, which is US based.

3. pmcomp

pmcomp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks,

I know that the HDCP issue is digital output. I don't want to buy something what could be incompatibille in the next future.

I read a few posts about about Samsung SP50L3HX comparing to better big brother SP50L7... The key ist the DLP chipset and I'm afraid a little. Everybody says the new one from 50L3 (3) is much worse then the old one from 50L7 (2+). Therefore I wanted to hear some information from users :lease: . Unfortunatelly it is not popular model in the whole Europe, I know. Not present in UK and in Germany it means on the biggest markets.

Piotr