Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

What input mode for HD to TH37-PV500?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by ErikX, Aug 10, 2005.

1. ErikX

ErikX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have just gotten my Snazio sz1350, and my initally impression is that it serioulsly rocks!

One n00b question: I have set it up to use DVI 1024*768 resolution as that is the closest to the native resolution for my screen. However, whatever HD content I play, pressing "i" on the remote tells me that the resolution is 720*480. Does this sound correct?

Edit: Hmm...if I set ut to DVI-1080i the resolution reported by "i" is 1920*1080, if I set it to DVI-720p the resolution reported is1280*720.

What should I choose?

2. k0rn

k0rn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just set it to 720P and you´ll be fine.

The Pv500 does only accept true HD resolutions via HDMI/DVI. Therefore, 1024x720 etc are show dissorted.

Whatever, 720P gives you a stunning picture... be sure to set the sharpness of the PV500 to max for HD content. Helped me a lot and good HD material doesn´t need any blurring... :D