Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

What improvements between the Mission 77 and the M5 Series

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ddlooping, Oct 12, 2003.

1. ddlooping

ddlooping

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi all. :)

I was wondering if any of you knew the difference between the Mission old series (774, 77c1, etc etc), and the new M5 one.
    More specifically between the 774 and the M53, M52 (and maybe the M51 if allied to a good subwoofer).

My set-tup is presently composed of a Denon ACV-A1D, A pair of Mission 774, a cheap Gale Center 1 (that matches suprisingly well the Missions), and a pair of Boston VRS Micros (not much space available for rears I'm affraid). My DVD player is a Pioneer DV626D.
    My vewing/listening room is also fairly small.

I'm quite happy with this set-tup, as it is as good for music as movies, but would love to a get a slightly more defined sound.
    I think the Missions have a very warm and envelloping one, but was wondering if the new M52 or M53 would bring some sparlke(for lack of a better word).

Please let me know of your thoughts about the matter, and what upgrade suggestiong if you have any (concerning the front and center mainly).

Thanks in advance. ;)

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    The M5 series is discontinued, so they are not that new. The current replacement for the M5 series is called the Volare range which can be viewed on their website.

http://www.mission.co.uk/index1.htm

3. ddlooping

ddlooping

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks for the reply, Crustyloafer. :)

Could anyone still let me know what the differences between them are?
    A new series coming out can only mean the M5s are gonna come down in price. ;)