• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What if: TAG Streamers

Kenny Glasgow

Imagine if TMA had continued, it would have been interesting to see what a standalone unit (TS250?) and an Aphrodite type unit would have looked like?

fortisflyer75

Imagine if TMA had continued, it would have been interesting to see what a standalone unit (TS250?) and an Aphrodite type unit would have looked like?

Something like the Naim HDX hard disk player would of been superb if not better than the Naim if Tag had done one, maybe even with a led touch screen with album art in a box about the same size the DVD32FLR was?

My pipe dream anyway if Tag was reincarnated.

Oh..... and a half size dac with headphone amp built in with their fl blue display would of been ultra cool.

Also imagine now it would be a BR32R instead of DVD32R, imagine the picture from Blu ray Tag would of managed to achieve.

Tag was certainly a Greek tragedy in it's brief operating life in the Hi-Fi world. :(

fortisflyer75

I was ideally thinking AV32 size too but was just thinking if it had a nice touch screen that showed album info & artwork would need something like the DVD32flr size, but then again guess it would be hooked up via HDMI to the flat screen to show all the info with album art.

I'm not that good with photo shop either, would be nice to see someone attempt some mock ups as we can only dream of the day Tag gear might reappear in this new dawn of technological advances in the last eight years.

p.s. I am not on pm yet but did leave you a message on your profile just asking if the DVD32R was still available at all, despite the listing been many months ago...

Trying to finally complete my set up from when I got my AV32R 10 years ago and I am after the 100x5R & DVD32R W/prog scan module and my Tag chain will then be complete!

Kenny Glasgow

No my FLR has gone to a new home, sorry!

Can't remember the last disc I played of any description, I stream my music and rely on Sky for movies

fortisflyer75

Not sure if it is the same one but it was the top loader player you was selling on behalf of a friend back end of last year, had some amps already sold but the DVD32R had not been crossed of the list of gear that was for sale.

If it is the same one then no worries ; )

fortisflyer75

No worries, most probably my memory starting to degrade already.

Another thought if Tag was around still, they would of ended up going to bed with SACD and dumping DVD Audio, that would of been a worthy machine.

Kenny Glasgow

I had several debates with Udo over SACD vs DVD-A so unless there was a massive change of heart I doubt it.

Of course they could have gone down the universal disc route for their BD machine...

fortisflyer75

Out of the two it was SACD which had more success, I know that is not saying a much really, but thought at it's peak it was SACD edging it with more titles and with them both been non successful in the mass market I can only imagine it would of been a universal player if Tag was still going now.

How did those debates with Udo go concerning those formats, take it you was more for SACD?

The only SACD I have ever been tempted by was the last of a golden generation of the ES range from Sony with the SCD-XA777ES player which showed what they was capable of on their day fora mass production electronics company. I think a mint one on Ebay not long ago reached £1K still.

Kenny Glasgow

I favoured SACD but bought plenty of DVD-As as well though. I have also bought a number of albums on BD, including Neil Young's Archives Vol.1.

However as I said I very rarely play discs these days, hence my thread of what a TAG streamer may have brought the party

fortisflyer75

It would of brought a party to the party no doubt if they had made a streamer today.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom