what if sky installers dont turn up?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by micks_address, Jan 8, 2005.

1. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    hi folks,

i'm awaiting my 3rd sevice call to get my sky plus fixed - its a long winded story... after sky plus install the lnb fell off the dish... then the next call they put back up the lnb but the second line was dead so couldnt record etc.. 3rd call due today... i called sky last night to make sure the call was still booked... everything hunky dory according to them... no call from installer this morning... called sky - they said installer office was closed so all i could do was sit tight and hope the installer turned up... this isn't making me happy.. .was without sky for christmas and have had many a long call complaing... - they have agreed to credit for loss of viewing (doh) plus one months free sub + multi room..

if the installer doesnt turn up today - what can i do? i mean its not so bad its a saturday - it would be worse if i'd taken a day off work but still i'm stick in the house all day now wondering if they will turn up :(

cheers,
    mick

2. dsk19s

dsk19s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    honestly..nothing atall you will have to just like it or lump it sky still havenot figured out this customer service thingy yet...register a complaint with ur local trading standards this allways make sky stand up and take notice...

3. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    well its almost 6 and no sign of the installer... i phoned sky - they can do nothing until monday... until installers office is open... they suggested the installer may carry over the job until tomorrow... (unlikely methinks - installs on sunday in dublin?) anyway i was just to vexed to argue so i said fine lets see how it goes and i'll be calling back monday to sort it out... unless monkeys fly and the engineer calls tomorrow... he offered to book in a new job for me... on the 8th of feb - first available date... hmm i said no.... already been a month without sky... another month... oh great...... there will be harsh words on monday - harsh words indeed...

4. birdseed

birdseed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I used to work for sky, its been about 5 yrs but im sure they havent changed.
    I worked in customer services, seperate from technical who arranged the eng callouts. They CAN, get the engs mobile number and call him , despite what customer service will tell you, its just not easy, not everyone in cs knows how to and team leaders are reluctant to call another department to get their number as they are "not really meant to do that"