1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What I watched this weekend ( The Contender and Terminator )

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Jenz, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've a couple that whenever I run by She Who Must Be Obeyed they get the thumbs down. They're Get Carter (2000), Titan AE, anything with Dead in the title, Iron Monkey (Hong Kong Legends), and Seven Samurai (Criterion).

2. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,458
    Firstly THE CONTENDER, I ordered this on a whim and recieved it a few weeks ago, but only watched it yesterday. I must admit I have no idea why I ordered it as its not the sort of film I would typically watch, but I am very glad I did.

Very well acted and I guess will apeal to fans of TOM CLANCY or JOHN GRISHAM

Secondly THE TERMINATOR, is this not just a class film. I already have the first R1 only release with mono only sound, but with the new 5.1 soundtrack the film seems like it was made last week

3. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well this weekend, my girlfriend and I watched "Octopussy", "A View To A Kill", and "Rope", plus the documentaries on the discs and the doc on the Rear Window disc. Very good stuff all round.

I would strongly recommend the Rear Window disc to anyone - what a great film.

Am trying to build up the enthusiasm to watch Gladiator. Having missed it at the cinema I bought the R1 on the day it came out, but somehow just cant get "in the mood" to watch it.

Does anyone else have films festering on the shelves that they just cant get round to watching? (I've currently got around 300 discs that I havent seen yet...)

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I just came back from Australia with a suitcase (literally) full of DVDs (and a new player (finally I can see PAL) so I got quite a few discs to watch yet.
    I have however seen "Gladiator" already at my friends place in 'Down Under', unfortunately without surround sound and on a 29" TV only.
    Seen it at the cinema before and I think it's a great movie.
    As well we saw "Executive Decision", a no brainer but quite fun.
    Today (back home) I watched "Feet of Flames" (R2-6), superb sound and picture, perhaps as well related to the content itself rather then the technoloy.

The others I think I will finish by tomorrow, it's a public holiday down here afterall ...

But having movies I don't wanna watch won't exist in my collection. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Reiner (edited 25-03-2001).]

5. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Just have to agree with the comments made regarding Rear Window R1 - what a superb film and what an amazing job they've done on the restoration and production of that disc. Sweet.

------------------
    Tee

http://www.electronicreality.co.uk

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jenz,
    I get that a lot from Er indoors, whenever I what to watch a movie, pretty much the same criteria as you although add any Bond movie as well, it's a nightmare. I've got round it a bit though now as I've now got a room for the HC only, so now all I have to do is keep turning the bloody thing down as she complains of the noise. Oh well can't have it all. Do any of you guys suffer from this?????

7. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +958
    You want to try my lady. No horror and no kung fu. Hmmmmm. That doesn't leave me with much.
    Mind you, she's into war films at the moment and recently we've watched Cross Of Iron, A Bridge Too Far and The Thin Red Line.
    She didn't like Maniac or New York Ripper too much though.

------------------
    Come see the monkey
    Splatterhouse.net the home of horror

8. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

ALL of us! [​IMG]

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com