1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What I want

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Nic Rhodes, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    I want a deinterlacing (line doubling) box that takes composite, component and S-video inputs.

I want the Sage / Faroujda DCDi de-interlacing chip inside and I want RGB outputs. I want PAL, NTSC compatibility.

Basically an Iscan Pro but with the Sage chip set as opposed DVDO chipset.

If we can get the Sage chipset into the Skyscan 1050 why not a cheap de-interlacer?

What do others think?

SDI, DVI inputs and outputs would be great but realistically I think the above box would have a great market potential and give the Iscan some competition at last.

For owners of panel based devices or 7 inch CRTs this would be bee knees. For owners of larger CRTS then it could feed something like a Dune.

What do other want?

2. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nic,

Did you read that Skyworth are going to produce a player in September (I think !)which scales to 1080i/720P !!(plus all the other benefits of current Skyworth - hopefully with decent capacitors too !).I think there was talk that it would accept external sources too , for scaling/deinterlacing (or am I dreaming?).

Could be close to what you`d like - pity the big boys don`t play ball like the Chinese !

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    I have seen several third hand references to it but never anything concrete. I will do a search on AVS. It would be great if they did do this but at the moment it is still vapour ware. Sept is great timing for me, just post the event.

If it does what it says I am very interested but knowing me I would end up with a scaling HTPC, a 'new' Skyworth and a Dune. :D

4. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    No luck on AVS, can anyone help?