• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What I need is no gizmos just...............

fayeanddavid

Distinguished Member
Excellent PQ and excellent SQ from a Blu Ray player!

I don't need a Universal Player for SACD and the like
I don't need a full suite of internet enabled add ons (Skype, BBC iPlayer and the like)

I do need a tried and tested excellence for the BD picture and a good up scaler of DVD.
I do need excellent SQ via HDMI into my receiver

That's all...........................anything out there that fits at sensible money, say up to £400.00 or so??

Please.

andy1249

Distinguished Member
You dont need to spend £400 so , if all you want is best picture and best sound , and assuming you have a HDMI enabled receiver that can accept bitstream , then simply stick a pin in the list of major manufacturers.

Picture quality from Blu ray over every single player on the market is so close to the same as to make no difference.

Likewise , if your bitstreaming over HDMI into the receiver , any player will be feeding the exact same data into the receiver.

Regarding upscaling of DVD's , look for one of the machines that has Marvells Qdeo processing. Failing that , go for a Panasonic.

fayeanddavid

Distinguished Member
You dont need to spend £400 so , if all you want is best picture and best sound , and assuming you have a HDMI enabled receiver that can accept bitstream , then simply stick a pin in the list of major manufacturers.

Picture quality from Blu ray over every single player on the market is so close to the same as to make no difference.

Likewise , if your bitstreaming over HDMI into the receiver , any player will be feeding the exact same data into the receiver.

Regarding upscaling of DVD's , look for one of the machines that has Marvells Qdeo processing. Failing that , go for a Panasonic.

I have an older receiver that does accept HDMI however via PCM. Should be no problem as I understand it though?

And what comes across loud and clear is that the less expensive BD players can do the business. Yes?

fayeanddavid

Distinguished Member
So, what of the Denon 1611?

Would that do the trick do you think?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom