• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What i did at weekend

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I was over in The Netherlands at the European Collodion Weekend. It's an international gathering of folk who work in this antiquated photographic process. Grat weather again and great laughs. I'll scan some plates to put up over weekend but am too busy with real work just now. In meantime, here is a little video on of the attendee's made of the days...i am the loser in the red pinny...and the stuffed animals are something i purchased in Maastricht a day before the event...thought they might come in useful... watch the video till the end and you'll see an exposed group shot plate being put in the fixer that makes it change from one state to another...it's pretty magical...

here is a link to Jaqueline's own facebook site.
Jacqueline Roberts Photography | Facebook

Last edited:

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Why does everyone call me Graham....Graham is my brother.....hahahaha

Incidentally we'll be holding the UK Collodion weekend at Lacock.....date not set yet but probably early August so if folk want to see it all up close and perhaps pay a few quid for a portrait they will be able to come along. I'll make sure everyone knows in advance once i have dates...

Dancook

Distinguished Member
Why does everyone call me Graham....Graham is my brother.....hahahaha

Incidentally we'll be holding the UK Collodion weekend at Lacock.....date not set yet but probably early August so if folk want to see it all up close and perhaps pay a few quid for a portrait they will be able to come along. I'll make sure everyone knows in advance once i have dates...

Haha.. a specific form of dyslexia perhaps :D sorry Gordon.. ! I don't know why I did that. (I did recently meet with a photographer called Graham though)

Dancook

Distinguished Member
and Dan, if you wanted to see it i can probably show you here....

I'm not local to lacock, just popped in as we were at castle combe at the time.

I was just looking at your blog, your results with an iphone are impressive - those photos of your mother for example.

When I see the plates you've posted in the past, I feel like I'm missing out on something, maybe something I could attribute to the chosen print media - but that missing thing is probably experience.. buy less shoot more!

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Dan, thanks....i submitted the pics of my mum to the taylor wessing thing last year...didn't get through...when my wife went to collect them there was a guy standing arguing with the folk there and he was saying that mine should have got through, not his!.....I don't do much with the iphone as learning this process has taken almost two years now...i'm only just getting consistent results now.

Incidentally, i am not in Lacock either...I'm in Guildford, hence the offer...

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom