What horror movie is this?

AndyCob

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Ok need help trying to remember a movie that has been annoying me that I can't name.

This wasn't anything special or that good, think I saw it on the horror channel one night.

The plot had something like a scientist maybe dying of cancer performing experiments on himself causing his death and his cancer to grow out of his body after death resulting in his lab being sealed beneath a military base.

Years later the organism or whatever that grew from his body has broken out and is beginning to spread across the land killing anything that enters the infected area.

I seem to remember someone tracking down the son of the scientist thinking that his similar DNA may make him immune and able to enter the area and get to the center of the organism growing from the dead scientists entombed body in order to destroy it.

Any ideas?

Ok need help trying to remember a movie that has been annoying me that I can't name.

This wasn't anything special or that good, think I saw it on the horror channel one night.

The plot had something like a scientist maybe dying of cancer performing experiments on himself causing his death and his cancer to grow out of his body after death resulting in his lab being sealed beneath a military base.

Years later the organism or whatever that grew from his body has broken out and is beginning to spread across the land killing anything that enters the infected area.

I seem to remember someone tracking down the son of the scientist thinking that his similar DNA may make him immune and able to enter the area and get to the center of the organism growing from the dead scientists entombed body in order to destroy it.

Any ideas?

I have an idea! It's not cancer as such but something was definitely eating at him from the inside, out. What comes to mind is a movie titled - The Fly from 1986 starring Jeff Goldblum and 1989 The Fly 2, continuing on and focusing on his Son.

Thanks but its not the fly, the organism or whatever it was growing out of the dead body of the scientist in the lab and spreading like roots or something over the ground above.

The plot thing with the son, if my memory is at all accurate was that because his DNA was similar to his father's it wouldn't attack him unlike everything else and the only way to destroy it was to get the source at the father's body in the buried lab.

The effects were fair as I remember with some okish CGI and decent practical effects so its not that old.

Last edited:
Nope, it was a movie and the 'monster' as such was growing out across the area around the buried lab where the scientists body was.

It is so annoying to half remember it and not be able to identify it, thanks though.

Again hoping I have this vaguely correct when they finally make it to the lab there is this pulsing growth in the chest of the scientist's body that is the source of it. I think the son drips his own blood into it in order to cause a reaction that kills it.

Last edited:
Nope, it was a movie and the 'monster' as such was growing out across the area around the buried lab where the scientists body was.

It is so annoying to half remember it and not be able to identify it, thanks though.

Again hoping I have this vaguely correct when they finally make it to the lab there is this pulsing growth in the chest of the scientist's body that is the source of it. I think the son drips his own blood into it in order to cause a reaction that kills it.

I think that's it THANK YOU.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom