what hoover ?

themoid

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all.

Our Dyson has just died of a knackered motor at under 3 years of age, so it needs replacing but not with another Dyson, as this was not cheap to last for a short period of time :mad:

Anyone recommend a good make of hoover for reliability ?

Cheers

Stu

This was discussed a few weeks ago - if you look back, you should find it.

so it was - apologies for not checking first, not quite with it at the moment :suicide:

Miele or Bosch for me anytime.

Both are also highly recommended in the Which tests

:confused: er Hoover themselves?

Hoover? or vacuum cleaner?

Slightly off topic but can anyone else think of other brand names that are used to describe the product.

Like Biro.

Some [generally older] folks ask for a Biro, rather then a pen.

Also, and it annoys me, are the ones who think every game console is a Playstation.

Walkman, I suppose is another generic term, although maybe it's had it's day.

scrapbook said:
Miele or Bosch for me anytime.

Both are also highly recommended in the Which tests
We have a Meile vacuum and Miele washer. Excellent they are. Quiet, solid, reliable and expensive.

But, as my granny used to say, "I don't have the money to buy cheap stuff."

we have miele throughout too.......not the cheapest but very reliable *touches nearest wood*

Go to a janitorial supplier as they supply the trade which obviously means they wont store rubbish machines . One make that is often recommended is Sebo

Dr Diversity said:
Go and buy a new motor!!

was quoted £140 to replace the motor and filters, so have ordered a brand new Sebo for £143 delivered, with 5 yr parts guarantee :thumbsup:

cheers
Stu

themoid said:
was quoted £140 to replace the motor and filters, so have ordered a brand new Sebo for £143 delivered, with 5 yr parts guarantee :thumbsup:

cheers
Stu

excellent!

Dyson = Kiss of death . trade will not use them too complicated too heavy and too vulnerable. triumph of style over practicality.

Sebo's are very good especially the twin motor variety although in common with Karcher the switches for the floor motor are vulnerable and tend to stick. Sebo also has the floor detection PCB in the foot its self , smashing a complex PCB up against a skirting board is not calculated to improve longevity.Hoovers and Vax are rubbish built down to a price with motors made out of Kit Kat wrappers again trade will not use them.

The prefered vacuum for the trade is The Numatic HVR 200 Known as "Henry" bullet proof ,tough as old boots and cheap , as long as you put bags in it and dont just use the bin it will out last you. Even cheaper is the James (No flex rewind but the same internally) Dont by the Turbo , it doesnt work and adds 80 odd quid to the price.
sold 10's of 1000's of them, treated right they dont come back.
and British made in Somerset.

k

Fencer02 said:
The prefered vacuum for the trade is The Numatic HVR 200 Known as "Henry" bullet proof ,tough as old boots and cheap , as long as you put bags in it and dont just use the bin it will out last you. Even cheaper is the James (No flex rewind but the same internally) Dont by the Turbo , it doesnt work and adds 80 odd quid to the price.

k

As you are something of an expert in this- what is an Edward?

themoid said:
Afternoon all.

Our Dyson has just died of a knackered motor at under 3 years of age, so it needs replacing but not with another Dyson, as this was not cheap to last for a short period of time :mad:

Cheers

Stu

henry the red n black hoover.

our one hasnt failed us in yearsssss

Edward...........Henry head with 1000 w 2 stage motor and larger bin, same size as George the carpet cleaner much beloved of car valeters.........

k

Fencer02 said:
Dyson = Kiss of death . trade will not use them too complicated too heavy and too vulnerable. triumph of style over practicality.

Sebo's are very good especially the twin motor variety although in common with Karcher the switches for the floor motor are vulnerable and tend to stick. Sebo also has the floor detection PCB in the foot its self , smashing a complex PCB up against a skirting board is not calculated to improve longevity.Hoovers and Vax are rubbish built down to a price with motors made out of Kit Kat wrappers again trade will not use them.

k

I have a Henry myself and wouldnt trade it for anything :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom