1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Home Cinema amplifier should I go for?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Killer, Aug 19, 2001.

1. Killer

Killer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

Ok I need some help... recently I have been in the search for a new Home cinema equipment... Now what I wanna know firstly is what A/V Amplifier should I go for?

I was thinking of the "Denon, AVC-A10SE".. What do u guys think of this Amp?..is it worth the price?....will it be good

Or would you guy perhaps recomend a Yamaha.. as I have relised "Yamaha and Denon are the most 2popular models in the market.. which is better, Yamaha or Denon?

I am thinkin of connecting my Sky Digital & DVD to this and then another CD deck just for Audio..

My room Size is 177" by 118" approx..

Now honestly guys what should I go for, please help as this has been bugging me for some while..

<br />And also what is good set of speakers that I can then connect to my amp...

<br />Thanx Guys

2. Killer

Killer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I am looking to spend around £1200 on speakers....and a extra 400 on a sub, so what do u guys recommend?

when will the new Denon come out?

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hm, I think the 10SE is going to be replaced soon with the 11SR which will have all the latest surround decoding formats and 7-channels of amplification on-board. So it might be worth waiting.

Yamaha makes indeed some good amps/receivers but lacks recently in terms of decoding the latest formats, if you are however happy with plain ol' 5.1 I would recommend them as alternative.

Basically it comes down to your personal preference and what sounds best to you, so a 1:1 comparision is recommended.

As for the speakers: please state your budget first.

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    With that budget you can get some really nice speakers, start with Mission Cinema7 (773e + 77C + 77DS) or any combination of the 77 series.<br />A step up is the 78 series, heard the 781 and they sound very nice, too.<br />Surely others will recommend the B&W 6 series, though they sound good I think they are pig-ugly.<br />Perhaps you could even get a nice set of Dynaudio Audience series for that sort of money.<br />The vinly wrapping may not suit the pricing but the sound surely does.<br />Some others I have listened briefly to are Focus Audio (Canadian made), very nice looking and great sounding speakers. Not sure about the prices in the UK but well worth considering.

As for the subwoofer REL seems to be the obvious choice, but compare to Monitor Audio ASW110 perhaps.