1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What high St stores in the US sells the PSP?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by jian, Apr 3, 2005.

1. jian

jian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    My girlfriend will be visting LA next week and I've asked her to get me a PSP. However, as I've never been there before and my gf has no idea about the PSP, she doesn't know where to go and buy one.

Ideas anyone?

2. dred

dred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    'circuit city' is a big chain over there, they're everywhere

3. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Wal Mart, Best Buy, EB Games, Gamestop, Target, K Mart........Should that not be where dosnt sell the psp........

4. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    As harrisuk has mentioned, your girlfriend will probably not get away from seeing places sell the PSP.

The other thing to do which I did when I bought my MAC g4/450 in New York is to do the following:

If she is staying in a hotel, ask at the reception for a decent electronics stockist, they did this for me and then hailed a cab to take me the one they recommended.

Hope this helps.

5. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    This is a good tip. I did this in new year in Las Vegas to pick up a Sony DVD Camcorder. With the exchange rates and lower costs it will still work out much cheaper than buying over here.

6. jian

jian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Thanks everyone!

I've been checking out the EB Games, Best Buy sites and some of the other online retailers and a lot of them seem to be selling only bundles.

Hopefully, the situation on the ground will be different as I'm not really interested in all the extras. I only want the machine.

Thanks again!

7. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm glad to be of help, I also purchased a Sony 300 disc DVD player using this same technique on one of my trips to New York. I got the EX Demo one for $322 inc Tax. I'm only now just about got it filled up.

Never seen this over here for sale. When I go again I'll be buying alot of games and accessories for the PSP, I'm looking for a hard carry case for the PSP.

Why do you just want the PSP on it's own? surely the value pack would be better as you get a game, movie and other stuff with it to start you off.

8. jian

jian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I actually meant the value pack but if I could, i'd go for a plain PSP. The reason being is that all the items in the pack are crap. The memory stick is so small that it'll only be good for game saves, the headphones will probably be average quality (although the remote is good) and the case (is a case included?), I can get a decent one for £10.

I think the value pack is something along the lines of £30 more than the machine only pack (in japan and based on rrp), and I personally don't think it iis worth it.

With regard to the bundles, there aren't any decent games out yet, and the decent ones (RR, Limines), i already have or are on order.