What HiFi?Sound and Vision exhibition

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by mafioso, Nov 5, 2005.

1. mafioso

mafioso
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Went to this exhibition today for the first time and I came across the best plasma I have ever seen!

The LG 50PY2R not only has the best picture (in HD) I have ever seen, but also it looks drop dead gorgeous with its black high gloss border and black speakers at the sides. I kid you not it kick the arse out of Pioneer, Hitachi etc and Panasonic. The blacks were fantisitc - get this it claims to have contrast 10000:1!!! And the colours were more vibrant and crisper - even moreso than its smaller 42" sister.

The downside is no price yet as it won't be on general release until 2006. But I'll be surprised if it retails for less than £4k. LG are waiting for the big retail companies to put in bulk orders so that the price can come down to an acceptable level for consumers

I'm in a quandry now as I was just to about to order the Hitachi 42PD7200 which I can get for a great price of £1,800. The Hitachi is fantastic value for money but the LG was that good I am actually reconsidering.

On a separate note, there was alos SKY HD demo'd @ the exhibition. Sony dispalys were used so didn't really do much for me, but the hidden sound system that was used was absolutely amazing. Anyone know what this system was. the Sky rep I spoke was clueless, but the sound was far more impressive than the HD demo itself

2. andrewkay

andrewkay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would love to know where you can get the Hitachi 42PD7200 for £1,800! At that price I would prefer it over my current fave which is the Pioneer 436. Does this include VAT and does it have UK warranty?

Andy