1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Hi-Fi projector shootout.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Kane D Williams, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Kane D Williams

Kane D Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Anyone seen the projector reviews in the latest What Hi-Fi (Sound & Vision)? The Sanyo Z2 did not do too well in the picture stakes, with the AE300 coming out better! They quoted £1800+ for the Z2 and £1700ish for the AE300!

They claimed that they played with Z2's user settings for a long time to try to get a better picture, but could not get beyond OK! All I can assume is that they had something wrong somewhere, or perhaps the AE300 did produce a better picture with reference to the source DVD player and connection type?

I have never seen an AE300 in action, but perhaps it's scaling, deinterlacing are much better than the Z2's and that this PJ only comes into its own via DVI or VGA and a 720p signal? Anyhow, I am very pleased with the picture my Z2 is giving me (DVI 720p), but would suggest to anyone thinking of getting a 1280x720 LCD PJ, to definately look at the AE500 if you intend to connect via S-Video or component.

2. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Discussed in length here

:)