1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What height should I mount my 32pf9986

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by craigsomers, Jan 31, 2005.

1. craigsomers

craigsomers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm Mounting my 32pf9986 on the wall this evening and wondered if anybody had any advise on Height. I sit Approx 3-4M Away from screen.

I realise this is probably alot to do with personal prefference but wondered if anyone had any do's and dont's before I start Drilling!

Cheers :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes:

2. Hunterm8

Hunterm8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i put mine 46.5 " to the top 2 screws that go in the mounting plate and sit about 3 meters away.this put the centre of the screen roughly eye level. But each to there own i guess lcd's are generally better when looked directly at.

cheers mick

p.s wait for a few more answer before going mad with that drill :thumbsup:

3. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Being 3-4m away, there's not going to be much of problem mounting it too high. We sit 3m away and have it mounted about 1.5m from the floor to the top of the tv so the bottom is about 0.8m above the ground. I put it here because we've got lowish sofas (Only 0.6m high) and it's mounted behind a sofa. So when we are watching it, we're looking slightly upwards at an angle.

One thing to make sure before drilling is that there aren't any power cables or pipes in the wall :)

At the end of the day, it's a personal choice. My suggestion is to get a piece of cardboard cut to the size of the TV and stick to the wall where you want it. Move it up and down until you're happy and mount it there.

Richie.

4. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Get someone to hold a cardboard cutout the size of the screen and move it to the height and position that you feel most comfortable with.

5. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hunterm8,

That's quite precise with your measuring. Just to add though, I drilled mine 43" for the top screws :)

6. craigsomers

craigsomers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Guy's Will try the Cardboard trick 1st I think's. Feeling slightly nervous about the whole affair, I's sure I will be sleeping with one ear open tonight , for a loud crashing noise in the Lounge. !!!

But will be worth it in the end.

Cheers

7. Hunterm8

Hunterm8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i used 4 metal type rawl plugs that have a metal like collet that opens up as you tighten thaink that threads about m5 using 10mm a/f nuts.

8. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Basically, the centre of the screen should be as near eye level as possible whilst in your favourite viewing postion. (Horizontal on the Couch - Mine really should be mounted vertically!)

Jimmy

9. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I was exactly the same the first night of hanging it up. Didn't think I would be until I was going to bed. Luckily, we've got a sofa directly in front of the tv, so just pushed it back to the wall and put some more cushions on it....but not too many more so that the tv would bounce off and crash on the floor mind !!

I used 4 12mm bolts with the metal rawl plugs and 10mm nuts.

Richie.

10. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Philips recommended height is to have the centre of the screen 900mm from the floor, which is pretty much spot on, unless you have a particularly low sofa.