• Turtle Beach XP510

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Please state)

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Swanny32

Prominent Member
Reaction score
With the recent news of the pending adaptor release and being on a slight budget, I've narrowed my choices down to 3 sets, I've put down the cost of each so you can take that into account when suggesting one of the sets.

TB XP510 (£140)
TB XP500 (£110)
TB XP400 (£100)

I want good quality sound and I want to be able to stream music to them as well as for gaming on my One.

Why not Polk 4Shot?

Or are you pretty set on TB's?

There's a possibility that any set of cans will have virtual surround sound and will render most gaming headphones redundant as long as you have a set with a mic somewhere. Hypothetically of course as we need more confirmation from MS on that.

I looked at the 4shots but I don't think you can stream music to them

Anywhere that can really, laptop, tablet, phone etc

If you can stream through the xbox then you can stream to polks but will need them connected to the controller, otherwise just plug them into the headphone socket of whatever has the music on it.

That's the thing though, don't really want to have to carry the tablet around, thought it would be a good feature to have in a headset for when I'm cleaning the car etc

That's the thing though, don't really want to have to carry the tablet around, thought it would be a good feature to have in a headset for when I'm cleaning the car etc

Are you thinking of using the wireless mode and plugging the source into the aux port of the base station? That might work for you but I'd expect lots of drop outs when you aren't in the room with it, I get the occasional drop out even in the same room as my TB x-rays. They have a Bluetooth connection too but only as a phone headset as there is no A2DP stack in them, but the one you have listed may be different.

I don't really know how it works to be honest with you, just seen listed on some TB headsets that you can stream music to them, thought this would be a cool feature to have.

xp500 grade b with 3 month warranty £90 on ebay direct from turtle beach

Will the recently announced Xbox Stereo Headset be decent enough to use whilst watching films on the xbox? Or am i better off buying some these Turtle Beach xp500's?

If the Stereo headset will do the job id rather get them than fork out £150 but i am willing to do so if it will be beneficial.

Last edited:
it puzzles me why people quote the rrp prices when people keep saying go direct on their ebay page for a cheaper deal...

After trawling the Internet in my lunch hour and reading various posts on here, I've decided to pre order the X07's. They seems to be the ones that i can use for everything and not just gaming.

I love the fact that the only cable you need with these new xbox one headphones is the one from the headphones to the controller :)

After trawling the Internet in my lunch hour and reading various posts on here, I've decided to pre order the X07's. They seems to be the ones that i can use for everything and not just gaming.

I love the fact that the only cable you need with these new xbox one headphones is the one from the headphones to the controller :)

i dont even like that, all about the new bluetooth pucks, should they ever arrive....

i dont even like that, all about the new bluetooth pucks, should they ever arrive....

I just wished they kept the collaboration with Tritton !!!
No cable and no puck with the Warheads, built in battery charger, 2 x lipo batteries and a flippin awesome sound !! :cool:
Way better than my TB's ;)

arent those the ones that are no longer compatible?

Can you stream music to the xo7's from a Bluetooth device?

Can you stream music to the xo7's from a Bluetooth device?
No, they are just passive headphones you attach to the adaptor. Biggest question, is there a difference between the XO7 adaptor and the official MS stereo adaptor?

No, they are just passive headphones you attach to the adaptor. Biggest question, is there a difference between the XO7 adaptor and the official MS stereo adaptor?

i believe they are the same, they are probably just shipped to TB from microsoft

i believe they are the same, they are probably just shipped to TB from microsoft
I'm really hoping so, and not that the polks and TB headsets have a different ID code that turns on surround processing on the console when its detected. Have pre-ordered it anyway as my Polk Ultrafocus 8000 headset gives such a great sound even stereo would do me.

I've pre-ordered the X07's. It seems to be between those and the Polks for a really decent set designed for the Xbox One, and I've had TB's in the past so going with a brand I know.

Hope they are released before Titanfall is!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom