what headphones for up to £200

LevelUpRob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there all I was looking to purchase a new av receiver and separate speakers but after having a long think I decided id scrap that as id never be able to take full advantage (neighbors plus family) so I made the decision id get some decent headphones for late night use.

My primary use for these would be:

Movies 40%
Games 40%
Music 20%

I currently have a turtle beach dss That came with my px21 so was hoping to use this to have Dolby digital

Im clueless in the headphone market but from the research ive done senheizer and Sony are good brands.

Gaming will be done on my pc and PS3 (when I get my new one to replace the ylod fat one) same things for music and movies too

Im not sworn off cords but id like wireless phones.

At the moment im looking at the

Senheizer rs170
Senheizer 598
Senheizer 588
Sony mdr6500

The corded senheizer's will work better with a amp what would be a decent recommended amp as this is where I wouldn't know what im looking for.

Im after headphones that bring a cinematic feel to them bass would be requested but not mandatory but generally im after the best I can get with my budget

Sorry to go one but thought id supply as much info as possible

Last edited:
Had to leave knock the purchase on the head for now. Need to save for a new bed so bought some senheizer hd203's to tied me over

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom