What HDTV?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by casuals87, Sep 21, 2007.

Tags:
  1. casuals87

casuals87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm currently looking at buying either a 26" or 32" HDTV for no more than £500. Ive been leaning towards a Samsung R87/88 but theres so many different models I thought I'd ask first.

It will be going in my bedroom so not sure if a 32" will be to big, currently only have a 21" CRT. I'll be using a Xbox360, Virgin (SD) Box and at some point a PS3 with it.

Just wondered what the rest of you feel would be the best one to get. Any input would be appreciated.

Many Thanks
    H

2. QED

QED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as the size of the TV is concerned, it really depends on how far away you sit form the TV. I sit no more than 2m from my LE32R87 and using it primarily for XBOX360, I am extremely happy with it.

I also have an RGB scart from Sky+ running to the TV and have no complaints on most channels. There are some channels that are not broadcast at the quality of say BBC and at less than 2m you can see a grainy image but still watchable.

For TV viewing, the default out of the box settings for colour/contrast etc need a bit of tweeking for the best results however switch to game mode for XBOX360 and adjust the brightness to your preference is all that is required.

It's a good looking set and for around the £500 mark, in my opinion one of the best at that price.

3. casuals87

casuals87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, ill be sitting anywhere from 1m - 3m away, how does it look from this close.

Any one else got any suggestions.

4. QED

QED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky News and XBOX360 (Crackdown) from 1m....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. casuals87

casuals87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx for the pics the quality looks awesome. Think ill definately be heading for 1 of these tvs at the end of the month.

Also do you use vga adapter or component for 360. Read in places the vga is probably better

6. hatton920

hatton920
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Isnt that a r74 series?

Also what picture settings are you using?