1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What HDTV to buy

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Davey74, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Davey74

Davey74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know what i like, but i dont know whats best so people of the AV world lets hear your advice.

At the moment in the lead is the Philips 42PF9830 with ambilight 2 and pixel plus 2 cost £3800 have found it for £3300.

Im looking for 42" with a budget of say £3500 to spend.

2. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Wrong forum Dave - this should be in LCD TV, not HDTV, which is for the technology of HD - not the displaying of.
    Hopefully the mods will move to the correct one.
    If 42" is a must, and LCD, then there's not much around to choose from in that size. Philips, Sony V series coming next month or October, Samsung 40" (£1600 ish) - not sure if it's current and outgoing model, or new and not being replaced 'til next year.
    For me, I'd take that money and throw it at the first Pioneer 50" seller you can find, but then it is Plasma and will increase electricity bill a bit each year.
    Alternatively there's plenty of 37" LCDs from JVC/Sharp/Panasonic that'll do very nicely, or Loewe if you want B&O at a moderately affordable price.