WHAT HDMI CAT6 EXTENDER KIT TO GET

BassFlo

Novice Member
Hi everyone

I am wondering if anyone could give me advise on what HDMI CAT6 extender kit I need to buy that is capable of transmitting IR and 4K UHD and 3D over 15 meters and is reasonably priced

I am thinking of running 4x CAT6 cables from my under stars cupboard from my Yamaha RX-A850 AV to my living room TV

The kits I have been looking at are the Marmitek megaveiw 121

I am curious if there are mabey better and even possibly cheaper options out there for this distance of cable ?

Thanks in advance
BASSFLO

I've recently had a Neet HdBaseT extender from amazon for £90 and am very happy with it.

Works very well. Excellent picture, great IR control and without lag.

BassFlo

Novice Member
I've recently had a Neet HdBaseT extender from amazon for £90 and am very happy with it.

Works very well. Excellent picture, great IR control and without lag.
Nice one that's a bargain do you know if it supports 4K and can you operate multiple units with the IR control ?

Cheers Flo

Hi thanks for the fast reply

Does this kit come with a IR blaster so you can operate multiple receivers as I have the amp a skybox and dvd player in the cupboard ?

Cheers Flo
yes supports 4k, but lots of standards and requirements for 4K so will depend on what your source and screen are.

It has a IR out and you can add a IR port splitter to control multiple devices.

I know the Neet one as well and works ok but dont think it supports 4K, and also no POC (power over cable), actually we have one in stock i could let you have for £85 delivered

Nice one that's a bargain do you know if it supports 4K and can you operate multiple units with the IR control ?

Cheers Flo
I don't have any 4K devices so haven't tried it, but it is very clear in the title and description that it does support 4K.

Neet[emoji768] HDBaseT Extender 4Kx2K Ultra HD Over Single Cat5e: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

And yes, you can operate multiple units - the IR out blaster is a round dome that blasts out IR at a big radius. Although you may need a splitter depending on your kit layout.

As Aclass says, it doesn't support POC so you do need a power adapter at both ends, but this didn't bother me really.

BassFlo

Novice Member
yes supports 4k, but lots of standards and requirements for 4K so will depend on what your source and screen are.

I know the Neet one as well and works ok but dont think it supports 4K, and also no POC (power over cable), actually we have one in stock i could let you have for £85 delivered

Cool is the one you have in stock the same model as 28061 quoted I think its a Neet N75 the model number If it is I will take it off you

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'I don't have any 4K devices so haven't tried it, but it is very clear in the title and description that it does support 4K' - the obvious question being 'what is '4K' :)

Joe

'I don't have any 4K devices so haven't tried it, but it is very clear in the title and description that it does support 4K' - the obvious question being 'what is '4K' :)

Joe
I have no idea - but it says it supports it! [emoji38]

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'I have no idea - but it says it supports it!
' - that is the problem, on its own it means very little.

HDBT currently supports 2160p30, HDCP 2.0 without HDR.

Joe

Last edited:

BassFlo

Novice Member
I have no idea - but it says it supports it! [emoji38]

:thumbsup: I am sure it will be fine 4K UHD or Ultra high definition I will post on how I get on when I have everything installed

4K UHD is a resolution of 3840 pixels × 2160 lines (8.3 megapixels, aspect ratio 16:9) and is one of the two resolutions of ultra high definition television targeted towards consumer television, the other being 8K UHD which is 7680 pixels × 4320 lines (33.2 megapixels).

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The potential 'problem' is going to be if you wish to push ULTRA HD Blu-ray over the system - it potentially requires 2160p60, HDCP 2.2 with HDR!

Joe

BassFlo

Novice Member
The potential 'problem' is going to be if you wish to push ULTRA HD Blu-ray over the system - it potentially requires 2160p60, HDCP 2.2 with HDR!

Joe
Ok I see hahah well is there another Extender that will cope with that in this price range up to £200? The thing is I don't have a clue Just trying to get the most for my £ and be reasonably up to date future proofed

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'Ok I see hahah well is there another Extender that will cope with that in this price range up to £200?' - you are a bit ahead of the curve in term of a reliable design which can meet everything you potentially require (no matter how much you wish to spend/not spend).

Joe

To be honest, I generally accepted that the neet version would be sufficient for now, and that I may need to update the extender (alongside my TV and AVR!) when the standards become more established.

Our feeling is when you have a HDR capable device that needs HDCP2.2 and HDMI 2.0 just put it next to your 4K TV with a sub 8M High Speed HDMi cable.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom