• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What HDMI cable to buy from the list?

ivan1912

Standard Member
Hey!

I bought a Samsung HD950 and it came with a HDMI to HDMI cabel. While I was watching a DVD last night all of a sudden I get snow and the sound goes to hell (signal lost). While I was doing WTF is that!? The picture came back and all was good again.
So, after reading these forums I came to a conclusion that it's the cheap HDMI cable's fault that the signal was lost. (other guy had the same problem bought a better cabel and it went away).

So I have narrowed it down to the following.

1) Supra HF100 HDMI cable ( HDMI to HDMI ) 1 meter about 34€ or £23
2) Straight 2m cable ( HDMI to HDMI ) 97€ or £66
3) Audioquest HDMI-X ( HDMI TO HDMI ) 81€ or £55

From what I can read here on the forums, everything points that I should get the Supra HDMI cabel. As it would performe the same as the other two which are more expensive. Also, when I get upclose to my LCD when playing DVD's via HDMI I can see that the picture has those boxes and a bit granular. In short it's not as chrisp and clear and I would want it to be. Will a better quality HDMI cabel improve my picture?

sbowler

Prominent Member
I dont think you would notice much difference between the three, I would go for the cheapest.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello ivan1912

You may have a cable issue and equally you may have an issue with your video settings if your player is up-converting to an HD signal format.

A well manufactured HDMI cable will ensure you don't suffer signal drop-out and disconnects due to cable, signal format and connector issues.

The most consistent results I've seen are with BetterCables 'Display Magic' HDMI and DVI cables - see http://www.bettercables.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=3

Best regards

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom