Question What hdmi cable spec for Epson eh tw 9400?

grahamricho

Looking for a hdmi cable between a epson 9400 projector and a marantz 8805 processor.

I have a 8 m one from my previous set up arcam av888 and benq 1400 not sure what spec it is, do I need a new one?

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
If it works, then no.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Nope.

Some are tested to different specifications, but all should work.

grahamricho

How do I know if it's working to full capacity , what should I see if it's not working to full potential? Thanks

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Are you trying to watch 4k hdr?

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Any hdmi cable should work, if you get a picture and can see it is 4k hdr then you are fine.

Harold88

If you are going to game in 4k it probably won't word properly.
Yes, a lot of people are selling 4k cables but most of them won't be able to deliver 4k at full chroma and 60 hz.

mikemag

Distinguished Member
Another vote for the cables Bull has specified above, I use them in my setup and have had no playback issues.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'How do I know if it's working to full capacity , what should I see if it's not working to full potential? Thanks' - unlike an analogue signal there are no 'degrees' of working with HDMI, it either works, has very obvious problems (sparkles, drop out, pink hue...) or it doesn't work.

The bandwidth of the Source signal plus the length of cable you require both play a part when it comes to a cable working (or not) in your system.

For anything 8m or longer we supply/recommend our RuiPro Hybrid Fibre cables.

Joe

AGS1

Looking for a hdmi cable between a epson 9400 projector and a marantz 8805 processor.

I have a 8 m one from my previous set up arcam av888 and benq 1400 not sure what spec it is, do I need a new one?
Yes you do need a High Speed HDMI cable!
There are many brands of cables advertised but most over distance do not pass 18 Gbps video signals.
My Recommendation to you is based on the problems I encountered.
In respect to cable length of 15ft/4m to 50ft/15m a majority HDMI coax cable
do not performed to the specifications! They fail to support the HDMI 2.0b / 18 Gbps video signals! Therefore, to save you from going through same problems I encounter buy
the HDMI Fibre Cable RUIPRO 4k60HZ HDR, it is a great product available in number of length sizes.
FYI My setup :
JVC DLA-X590RB/X5900 4K is the display/projector device; where the RUIPRO HDMI cable is connected directly from the output of Yamaha RX-A3060, to source player Panasonic
DMP-UB900 4K UHD HDR Blu-Ray. The Panasonic Blu-Ray player is setup to output the video content upscaled to 4K UHD, 60 FPS, HDR, BT.2020, with 4:2:2 chroma subsampling, and 12-Bit colour depth; thereby using the full 18 Gbps video bandwidth. The image is great without any problems related to video bandwidth.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom