What HDMI 5 port dual output switch?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nevC, Jul 30, 2012.

1. nevC

nevC
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hope someone can help me out.
    My Octava 5x2 HDMI distribution amp no longer works. A search on google produced no results for any 5x2 dual output switch other than the newer model from Octava. Are there any other recommended brands?
    One of the outputs must be capable of sending a signal to a projector at a distance of 12-13metres.
    There are many cheap switches with fewer inputs, are any of these up to driving a 1080p signal to 13 metres?
    Has anyone tried to daisychain two such devices to a third unit, is there a loss in quality, the Octava produced a great picture while it lasted?
    Any help appreciated.

2. steverobertsbbc

steverobertsbbc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +771
    Have you checked that the plug-top power supply is still working? I would have thought that was the most likely candidate for failure...

3. nevC

nevC
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi. Yes, it is powered on but accepts no signal from the remote.
    The lights switch on as each attached device is powered on but no signal is output through either port so the box 'recognises' that a hdmi signal is input. It seems that something in the output stage has failed, though on one of the tests it did output the first device turned on, the Xbox 360 but on every other test nothing at all.
    I modified my search and found a product from US company Iogear and another unbranded unit from a another US company called hdtvsupply.com. Anyone have any knowledge of these?
    Thanks for the reply!