What HD TV should I buy?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by I need advice, Sep 21, 2007.

1. I need advice

I need advice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,
    My first post, and as my username suggests, I need some advice. I have got a Sky HD box but no HD television. I've looked at a number of sites that review different products but I am not particularly technical and remain none the wiser. What I would really appreciate is some pointers to which TV's might be worth considering buying.
    Like anyone, I have no desire to waste money, but I would be prepared to spend a reasonable amount if it offered decent value. Any recommendations or pointers to good advice sites would be really welcome.
    Thanks.:lease:

2. Mickyfinn

Mickyfinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    If you watch a lot of sport, then I would suggest you go the plasma route. Assuming a budget of £1000, you should certainly consider the Panasonic TH 42 PZ70B, which by all accounts is a excellent tv with full 1080p display. This would certainly show Sky HD at its best. Also, its a good sd performer, so you won't be disappointed on that front.

However, if you'd rather have the more versatile lcd, (ie better for pc connection, no risk of screen burn), then take a look at the Sony KDL40D3000-again an excellent performer and though not 1080p, still capable of excellent pictures. It's worth mentioning that you can pick up a Sony LDL40w2000 for £900, (Digital direct) which is an absolute steal for a quality 1080p lcd.

Good Hunting :thumbsup:

3. grahammills

grahammills
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have a Samsung LE40M86 and it is a great screen for the price.
    1080p, 3 hdmi 1.3 and excellent contrast.

I use it with my PS3 for Blu-ray movies and gaming and its great, also it supports 24hz mode for Blu-ray etc.

The LE40M87 is the same set but has a silver strip along the bottom, it is also cheaper.

View here