What HD channels are coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingham67

Established Member
Reaction score
I know the talk is very much on new EPG but it seems to have gone rather quiet on what channels are to appear next anyone with any info.

With 2C off walkabout we may be struggling for a transponder or two over the next 12 months, it depends how much overhead SKY has in hand but if Freeview HD launches on schedule we may get a full time ITV and either Five or F4 on Dsat.

Freeview HD launches on schedule we may get a full time ITV and either Five or F4 on Dsat.
Rather unlikely! Even if ITV and C4 regain their enthusiasm for HD (after debating their planned involvement in Freeview HD!) there is no Astra 2D capacity. (Unless Sky can be bribed into moving some channels off it that is!)

I would really hope Virgin would start considering an HD channel although it probably wouldn't make it to Sky HD straight away.

And... thinking about it, the shows I used to watch on Virgin's channels such as Boston Legal and Sarah Connor Chronicles have recently concluded.

Also, would like to see FilmFourHD

Sky have recently cleared 11856V on 2a North.

There are four HD tests at the moment, one is strangely showing an old BBC HD preview.

Someone on DS said that two are for separate simulcasts for Sky Arts 1 and 2, which Sky said would happen in the future.

Sky Arts have just announced today a brave new experiment in July screening series of new plays all being shown live as if you were at the theatre!

This might be a neat way to launch these separate channels in a PR strategy.

Paint Drying TV is going to be in HD soon. :smashin:

People will watch anything as long as its in HD... :)

Personally Im happy with the HD channels we have now. More channels will just mean more channels crammed on to a transponder meaning less bandwith per channel meaning the usual picture quality drop. The channels cant afford any more drops in quality.

Rather unlikely! Even if ITV and C4 regain their enthusiasm for HD (after debating their planned involvement in Freeview HD!) there is no Astra 2D capacity. (Unless Sky can be bribed into moving some channels off it that is!)

I did say if and as a SKY+HD user I don't care about new channels being FTA, FTV would be just dandy:)

Personally Im happy with the HD channels we have now. More channels will just mean more channels crammed on to a transponder meaning less bandwith per channel meaning the usual picture quality drop. The channels cant afford any more drops in quality.

Not in this case. The transponder is empty, just four tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom