What have you picked up and where during Black Friday?

p1tse

Prominent Member
Reaction score
What have you picked up and where during Black Friday?

Nothing as I have not seen a "deal" worth getting, from RS or Amazon etc.

IMO it's just turning into a farce with worse deals than 2 weeks prior to it.

Funny that - I also bought a toothbrush, 2 actually! Mine has Bluetooth 😂

Nothing here either. Wasn’t looking for any “big ticket” thing, and didn’t see anything cheap that was a genuine bargain.

Honestly what a massive let down this was. I had a big list but bought absolutely zero items. Plus side is I'm over 3k better off. Some places had no movement at all and some were even hiked compared to last week. I had to request a price match from a price 7-10 days old. WTF.

Proof that they're all in on it. Rip off Britain got coined for a reason. Sod 'em.

Exactly, prices were higher than they have been recently! I'll hold off now until after christmas.

I was sorely tempted to pull the trigger on a Trinnov Altitude, but the saving wasn’t large enough (though still decent) and I had to remind myself that a nice big tax bill will be waiting for me in Jan. More reasonably, I was looking for a Bluesound Node 2i, but I could not find any discounted anywhere. As others have observed, nothing seemed any cheaper than at any other time.

I got a Q90r that was at onetime about £2,500. For £1,200.

Edit -

Removed my original post because I realised afterwards that the thread was in the Television section.

Last edited:
Honestly what a massive let down this was. I had a big list but bought absolutely zero items. Plus side is I'm over 3k better off. Some places had no movement at all and some were even hiked compared to last week. I had to request a price match from a price 7-10 days old. WTF.

Proof that they're all in on it. Rip off Britain got coined for a reason. Sod 'em.
If you think Britain is a rip off, have a look at the prices of everything over here in Ireland especially cars. Everything is more expensive even allowing for the exchange rate. I try and buy everything from the uk.

I bought a few Philips Hue lights, garden ones and internal too, new hub Bridge as V1 existing one will be unsupported in a few months.

Ring Wired Cam, £139 as opposed to £199.

I am next going to buy the Bose NC-700 headphones. £279 from HomeAVdirect as its £20 cheaper than anyone else:

I think you meant GZ950 - that is a fantastic price for the top OLED (IMO) :)

Denon X4500 avr saved about £60 on the best price advertised on the NET.

picked up 8GBs of DDR3 for £12 from CEX and now my ancient LGA1366 PC 11 year old can play the latest games again ………..saved me buying a whole new system!

LG OLED65E9 £2099 24 months interest free credit from richer sounds.

Oh and 3 months amazon prime for £11.99

Philips 55PUS7334 TV. Ambilight, HDR10/10+, Dolby Vision/Atmos support, HLG. All the good stufff for £499. Plus got 2 Hue play bars to go with the ambilight and a Sony X8500 Atmos soundbar for £249.

4k fire stick and a 5 port hdr/ hdmi switch 60 quid spent that's it for me this year.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom