What have you picked up and where during Black Friday?

p1tse

What have you picked up and where during Black Friday?

Blaupunkt

Nothing as I have not seen a "deal" worth getting, from RS or Amazon etc.

IMO it's just turning into a farce with worse deals than 2 weeks prior to it.

Russ_64

Funny that - I also bought a toothbrush, 2 actually! Mine has Bluetooth 😂

The_Wierd

Nothing here either. Wasn’t looking for any “big ticket” thing, and didn’t see anything cheap that was a genuine bargain.

8k120hz

Honestly what a massive let down this was. I had a big list but bought absolutely zero items. Plus side is I'm over 3k better off. Some places had no movement at all and some were even hiked compared to last week. I had to request a price match from a price 7-10 days old. WTF.

Proof that they're all in on it. Rip off Britain got coined for a reason. Sod 'em.

Bummers

Novice Member
Exactly, prices were higher than they have been recently! I'll hold off now until after christmas.

dBrowne

I was sorely tempted to pull the trigger on a Trinnov Altitude, but the saving wasn’t large enough (though still decent) and I had to remind myself that a nice big tax bill will be waiting for me in Jan. More reasonably, I was looking for a Bluesound Node 2i, but I could not find any discounted anywhere. As others have observed, nothing seemed any cheaper than at any other time.

stewjoy

I got a Q90r that was at onetime about £2,500. For £1,200.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Edit -

Removed my original post because I realised afterwards that the thread was in the Television section.

Last edited:

Charliepsmith

Novice Member
Honestly what a massive let down this was. I had a big list but bought absolutely zero items. Plus side is I'm over 3k better off. Some places had no movement at all and some were even hiked compared to last week. I had to request a price match from a price 7-10 days old. WTF.

Proof that they're all in on it. Rip off Britain got coined for a reason. Sod 'em.
If you think Britain is a rip off, have a look at the prices of everything over here in Ireland especially cars. Everything is more expensive even allowing for the exchange rate. I try and buy everything from the uk.

Xstyle

I bought a few Philips Hue lights, garden ones and internal too, new hub Bridge as V1 existing one will be unsupported in a few months.

Ring Wired Cam, £139 as opposed to £199.

I am next going to buy the Bose NC-700 headphones. £279 from HomeAVdirect as its £20 cheaper than anyone else:

Russ_64

I think you meant GZ950 - that is a fantastic price for the top OLED (IMO) :)

AnilS

Panasonic 55GZ950B £1079 from RS.
£20 off the PRC direct price.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Denon X4500 avr saved about £60 on the best price advertised on the NET.

picked up 8GBs of DDR3 for £12 from CEX and now my ancient LGA1366 PC 11 year old can play the latest games again ………..saved me buying a whole new system!

MagpieRacer

Standard Member
Philips 55PUS7334 TV. Ambilight, HDR10/10+, Dolby Vision/Atmos support, HLG. All the good stufff for £499. Plus got 2 Hue play bars to go with the ambilight and a Sony X8500 Atmos soundbar for £249.

Kallor

Standard Member
4k fire stick and a 5 port hdr/ hdmi switch 60 quid spent that's it for me this year.

ChrisKz

Picked up a wimius 1080 S1 projector for £164.... Thought I would try a projector just to see what they are like ( without spending a small fortune ) .. Cannot fault it ( at moment) fan a little noisey , but from what I hear , most projectors are.
Also Roku stick ( grey boxed) for £29.99

broona

Ordered an LG OLED65C9PLA for £1679 delivered from RS, not exactly a bargain, but the cheapest I've seen one.

keveen

Novice Member
LG 49UM7400PLB £349 5 year guarantee from John Lewis. Discovered a rattle in the screen - loose panel so going back! Magic remote great, but really hard to get the settings right for legacy tv and movies.

Trending threads

Latest News

Netflix UK free trials come to an end
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony update brings AirPlay 2 and Dolby Atmos support to select TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cleer FLOW II headphones get Google Assistant
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon introduces DHT-S216 All-in-One soundbar