What have I missed last 18 months or so

TylerDurden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been out of the loop (gaming wise) for the last 18 months or so (due to having baby)
I'm hoping to get some gaming time in and just wonder what I've missed, I'm not talking AAA titles either, for instance, I enjoyed Alpha Protocol and Darksiders (first one) what other hidden gems have I missed / would you recommend ?

I really enjoyed Dishonored and Deus Ex. I completed both, which is a rarity for me and gives you an indication of how much I liked them! I'm also pretty taken with the addictiveness of XCOM.

State of Decay is an excellent arcade game.

XCom was ace - definitely worth a look if you like a bit of tactical gameplay.

Bioshock Infinite is worth a look too - good story, lovely to look at.

I'd concur with Dishonored. I've played it through once but, once I've finally 1K-ed Dark Souls, I intend to go back and play through it again in a completely different way.

Obviously if you liked Darksiders then Darksiders 2 is an absolute must. Its bigger and better in every way, and plays just like the first one did.

Other titles which are decent but are not considered AAA from the past year or so include Sleeping Dogs, Dragons Dogma. Kingdoms Of Amalur is also good if you enjoyed Darksiders.

Far Cry 3 is great, and the new Tomb Raider is brilliant. I also just picked up the Devil May Cry HD Collection. This is a must if your a fan of the series.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom