What have I just done. Please help with advice

omoeko

Standard Member
Hi All.

A complete newbie with some limited knowledge of sound etc, I used to have an Onkyo AV system for so many years and it served me very well, however having just completed a home refurb, I decided to upgrade the TV (Samsung Q85R 65") and also have a custom made cabinet for the Tv, at the spur of the moment I ordered a pair of ceiling speakers Kef Ci Series for my open plan lounge. Now, I am not very picky when it comes to sound, but I know good sound when I hear it. I wired the speakers and cut the holes in the ceiling.

Now here is the problem, I just realised that I dont want an AV system again as it will be too bulky for my custom built TV cabinet. That now begs the question of how can I use the speakers without an AV system, and it also looks like because I have cut a hole in the ceiling now, I need to consider Bluetooth speakers perhaps. Any ideas here please ?

walshy77

Why don't you use a slim style AVR?

Not sure if Bluetooth will work unless you are thinking of using only the ceiling speakers but on their own won't be great, besides which ceiling speakers are used for Atmos so you will need an AV processor.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Or stereo receiver if you don´t add more speakers. Black and Silver available.

Bit of odd to have main speakers in-ceiling though. And if no subwoofer they probably sound quite thin. But we do what we can and clearly the system needs to disappear.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom