What have I done!?!?

shodan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My current (family orientated) steed is a Honda Civic, 58 plate EX 2.2D with about 340nm. I've had her for 5.5 years and she has been amazing. However she is getting a bit long in the tooth now and has various issues which in total may end up costing me more to set right than what the car is worth so much to my dismay, she has to go.

I didn't know what I wanted next, but the missus has recently bought a Nissan Juke and I found I quite liked the high seating position compared to the much lower civic.

Long story short, I decided the next car should be a X3. Need lots of space etc and decided I deserve a Beemer.. ;-D (Because I'm worth it!)

I'm a bit of an idiot and wouldn't consider anything that wasn't at least 3L and I wanted an auto.. So I start looking... I had a budget of £9000...

Found an almost immaculate one 2007 with under 69000 miles on, clean as a whistle inside, literally looks brand new. Full service history and only one MOT had a fail, lamp alignment a few years ago, no advisories for £7995 - 7 miles away from my house!

Stuck a deposit down and the guy will be getting a couple of body work bits done and I reckon I'll be picking it up either at the end of this week or next week.

Now, my confusion... It isn't the SD model, as far as I know, but I keep getting conflicting information. I thought it was the 218bhp M-Sport with the High Speed Syncronisation which raises the top speed to 150mph - which of course is ridiculous and I'll probably never go above 70mph........ Err.......

Anyways, I keep getting differing info over the BHP and the g/km. I've got the registration and the VIN number but I'd like to know if there is a definitive place I can go online to put this one to bed?

A VIN search produces..
Type PD92
Model X3 3.0d - EUR
Development Code E83 (MUE)
Chassis GEFZG
Steering RL
Doors 5
Engine M57/T2
Displacement 3.00
Power 160
Drivetrain ALLR
Transmission AUT
Color Silbergrau Metallic - A08
Upholstery Leder Nevada/schwarz - LUSW
Production Plant GRAZ
Production Date 2006-10-30

So,what do you think?

Thanks

Hey guys,

My current (family orientated) steed is a Honda Civic, 58 plate EX 2.2D with about 340nm. I've had her for 5.5 years and she has been amazing. However she is getting a bit long in the tooth now and has various issues which in total may end up costing me more to set right than what the car is worth so much to my dismay, she has to go.

I didn't know what I wanted next, but the missus has recently bought a Nissan Juke and I found I quite liked the high seating position compared to the much lower civic.

Long story short, I decided the next car should be a X3. Need lots of space etc and decided I deserve a Beemer.. ;-D (Because I'm worth it!)

I'm a bit of an idiot and wouldn't consider anything that wasn't at least 3L and I wanted an auto.. So I start looking... I had a budget of £9000...

Found an almost immaculate one 2007 with under 69000 miles on, clean as a whistle inside, literally looks brand new. Full service history and only one MOT had a fail, lamp alignment a few years ago, no advisories for £7995 - 7 miles away from my house!

Stuck a deposit down and the guy will be getting a couple of body work bits done and I reckon I'll be picking it up either at the end of this week or next week.

Now, my confusion... It isn't the SD model, as far as I know, but I keep getting conflicting information. I thought it was the 218bhp M-Sport with the High Speed Syncronisation which raises the top speed to 150mph - which of course is ridiculous and I'll probably never go above 70mph........ Err.......

Anyways, I keep getting differing info over the BHP and the g/km. I've got the registration and the VIN number but I'd like to know if there is a definitive place I can go online to put this one to bed?

A VIN search produces..
Type PD92
Model X3 3.0d - EUR
Development Code E83 (MUE)
Chassis GEFZG
Steering RL
Doors 5
Engine M57/T2
Displacement 3.00
Power 160
Drivetrain ALLR
Transmission AUT
Color Silbergrau Metallic - A08
Upholstery Leder Nevada/schwarz - LUSW
Production Plant GRAZ
Production Date 2006-10-30

So,what do you think?

Thanks
160kw is exactly 218ps, could be a coincidence but...

The X3 3.0d is a four wheel drive off-road vehicle automobile with a front placed engine, manufactured by BMW. The BMW X3 3.0d is one of the E83 model family from BMW. The power is produced by a turbocharged engine of 3 litre capacity. This unit features double overhead camshaft valve gear, 6 cylinder layout, and 4 valves per cylinder. It produces 215 bhp (218 PS/160 kW) of power at 4000 rpm, and maximum torque of 500 N·m (369 lb·ft/51 kgm) at 1750-2750 rpm. The engine powers the wheels by means of a 6 speed automatic gearbox. The claimed kerb weight is 1885 kg. The BMW X3 3.0d is claimed to achieve a top speed of 220 km/h or 137 mph, manufacturer claimed fuel consumption figures are 11.2/7.1/8.6 l/100km urban/extra-urban/combined, and carbon dioxide emissions are 229.0 g/km.

Excellent, thank you. I'd be happy with that. Cheaper tax and fuel. I've actually been worried that I've got one that was too powerful! Could always have it remapped...[emoji23]

218bhp is nothing for that engine. They've been tuned to well over 400bhp with hybrid turbos, larger intercoolers, etc.

It's a lardy car, so won't feel too fast :)

Further to this..
Parker's shows BMW did a m-sport version with the SD outputs but was not a SD. Maybe that's what this is? But it still doesn't explain why vin checks state it is the 160kw, not the 210kw version.

I guess when I get it, I'll have to look for two turbos as the only way to be sure?
Screenshot_20170713-192750.png

Yeah I've done this, this shows it to be 160kw / 218bhp.

I've just emailed BMW but I'm not sure I'll get much luck from there.
Think I'll have to just look and count up the turbo's! Assuming if they did do a 210kw non SD version...

I used it loads when looking for beemers as a lot of adverts miss out various bits of spec.

Forgot it has the engine info on it too!

X3 30d?

Only single turbo.

X3 35d is twin turbo.

a handy thing to do if you want to see the full spec mate is go to https://www.bmw-warranty.co.uk/Start

click get a quote, fill it out and it will produce your VIN. Note the last 7 digits and go here: bimmer.work : VIN Decoder for BMW

put in last 7 digits and voila! the entire spec including extras etc will be produced.
Used this method anyway and established the registration and vin match everything I already know and the paperwork I've already seen, so that's good to know at least!

I found when I read an advert then checked the VIN it would tell me more about the car than the advert did, often found adverts lacking in info

I found when I read an advert then checked the VIN it would tell me more about the car than the advert did, often found adverts lacking in info
Ironically, everything points to it being the big boy, but it's the vin check which says is the 160kw version! I've asked BMW if they made a non SD version with SD specs, and if so, was it was twin turbo?

Has it got a good spec generally? Heated seats / sat nav or anything

Has it got a good spec generally? Heated seats / sat nav or anything
Not sat nav, wasn't too bother as my phone will be on the dash and Waze is better than any car sat nav.
Heated seats, 68000 miles, full service history, Bluetooth, roof DVD player for the back seats, aux line in (in the most stupid place), roof racks, m-sport package.

Sounds good. Look forward to the pictures and expect some posts in the detailing thread :)

Sounds good. Look forward to the pictures and expect some posts in the detailing thread :)
I'll chuck some pics up but as for detailing.... Not sure I have the time, patience or inclination! Don't mind letting the guys at the local car wash do the deed, they are pretty good.

Holy shit fudge!!! What a fudgeing car! I'm used to the 535d from work being pushed hard but the same sort of performance in a tall, high car like this? Phenomenal! I'm already looking forward to driving it tomorrow!

Are you an interceptor? :D imagine getting to enjoy those beasts everyday! And not have to pick up the tab for the fuel

The fuel isn't too bad. I can drive mine like i stole it and still get 30mpg :D

Are you an interceptor? :D imagine getting to enjoy those beasts everyday! And not have to pick up the tab for the fuel
No I'm not, I'm a real cop..[emoji41] [emoji2]

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom