What has my son done???

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Charlie Frown, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Charlie Frown

Charlie Frown
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello and please help!!
    My young son seems to have somehow rendered the hdtv settings on his 360 useless!He's been using the vga connection to a lcd,but after attempting to play the Outfit,the picture has vanished and only sound is there.I've tried to connect it to my dlp tv via vga,but the same is happening.I have explored the dashboard by connecting the 360 with the bog-standard composite cable(which looks rubbish!!),but this does not seem to let any hdtv settings be allowed to change(i assume because of the connection type being used).The 360 was already set to 60hz as i knew both the lcd and dlp were compatible,and that a few of the new games like doa4 and the outfit had issues.Am i gonna need to buy a component cable just to be able to adjust everything?Somebody please be kind enoughto help.I'm at my wits end and the boy is suffering.
    Many thanks in advance
    dase29

2. OldAndSenile

OldAndSenile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Try setting it back to 50Mhz SD, plugging in the component and changing the setting from there.

I've had trouble in the past changing from one 60Hz HD tv to another one, I've had to set it to 50, restart, change leads, then set it back to 60, but this seems to fix it, for some strange reason.

3. Charlie Frown

Charlie Frown
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for the reply.I dont have a component cable at the mo,just the composite and vga leads so i know what i am going to be doing tomorrow!Oh well,a Sunday afternoon with no gaming!!

4. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    You could always take your son for a stroll in the park..:D

5. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    whoa there hold ya horses, the composite lead will have the same option to go to 50hz pal, use that reset then attach the vga and see how ya go. Having said that the component lead will look very nice on your lcd too.

6. OldAndSenile

OldAndSenile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    That's true.. I didn't see he was using the VGA cable and not the component. My apologies.

7. Charlie Frown

Charlie Frown
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have already tried the composite cable to reset to 50hz,then retry the vga cable but to no avail.i must admit this is a bit of a head scratcher???I do actually have 2 vga leads(both by joytech)one is in the lcd,the other in the dlp and i've now got them side by side but the end results are both the same,no picture is being received but sound in all its dolby digital glory.Very very odd!!
    p.s as for going for a stroll,chelsea v fulham seems a bit more appealing,it's bloody freezing down here in folkestone!!