• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What happens if your 60GB PS3 breaks down..

kraized

...and you have to have it replaced by Sony? Since in the UK the 60GB is no longer available and there is no 80GB version, will you have to settle for the inferior 40GB model?

If this happened to me, I will not be happy.:confused:

Intya

I guess if you're still under warranty, you could argue with Sony that they should at least supply you with a PSTwo to make up the lack of backward-compatibility in the new models. I'm in the same boat, but in just over a month my launch console will be out of warranty anyway :rolleyes:

Ultimate123

...and you have to have it replaced by Sony? Since in the UK the 60GB is no longer available and there is no 80GB version, will you have to settle for the inferior 40GB model?

If this happened to me, I will not be happy.:confused:

Just phone them up and see what they say. If they offer you a 40gig then tell them to supply it with a PS2 like Intya said. Hope that helped.

kraized

I guess if you're still under warranty, you could argue with Sony that they should at least supply you with a PSTwo to make up the lack of backward-compatibility in the new models. I'm in the same boat, but in just over a month my launch console will be out of warranty anyway :rolleyes:

But you can still purchase that extended warranty thingy that Sony offer. Even if its out of warranty. :smashin: What about SACD support and the extra USB ports? I use all four of mine 80% of the time.

avolee

how many times is the same question gonna be asked, phone sony who will replace it, they will have kept a certain amount of stock that will be used to replace faulty 60gb machines for the foreseable future, as they get a faulty console back one is sent to you and yours is repaired and then put back on the pile so that when another faulty console comes in they have one to replace it with. easy, so can we all stop worrying that there are no 60gb consoles left in the world.

Jay

Banned
I wouldn't even think about the ps3 breaking down, be positive. It's not a 360 we're talking about :devil:

Usama

Distinguished Member

Same here just a moths left! :eek: :( only feels like it's been a few months. :)

james.miller

if mine breaks down, they'll be giving me an sacd player as well.

mgk432

My 60gb broke down last week, rang them up and they sent me a new 60gb yesterday.They must have kept some in stock to cover broken ones.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom