What happens if I cancel my subscription?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Azrikam, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Debating on cancelling my Sky subscription once my year's contract is up, but I had a few queries.

I know I can get a free-to-air card and continue to use my digibox, but without a Sky subscription, just what do I lose besides programming? Can I still order Box Office items? What about standalone subs like Film Four? Is it possible to retain a FilmFour subscription without a Sky account? Do you lose the programme planner?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    SKY will let you keep your existing smartcard for the FTV channels, it's cheaper for them and easier for you that way just in case you ever want to re-subscribe.

3. xyznicko2577

xyznicko2577

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You will not be able to get any Pay Tv from the digibox (including PPV) a Sky account is required.

You will get the interactive stuff though including Sky News Active.

4. Pyara

Pyara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    xyznicko2577 is right, with a FTV box you cannot access any FTV (box office) films or events etc, you must be a SKY subscriber for this.

I have a FTV SONY in my 2nd reception room, you'll have Sky News, plust the Sky News Active service and Sky Text, furthermore all the interactive material plus EPG/planner.

Your just limited to channels, you can of couse as mentioned subscribe to non-sky based channels if you so wish.

5. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the info.

So, it looks like I can cancel my subscription and still enjoy Film Four, plus the program planner. (as buggy as it is, I've come to rely on this greatly) I won't miss the box office movies, though.