What happened to..

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by RenaultSport, Dec 28, 2006.

1. RenaultSport

RenaultSport

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    all the new channels that were supposedly coming our way as they ramped up HD for christmas?

Does anyone remember the old days when Sky HD was new ?(ok so it was only 6 months ago:p) There were endless tales of lots of new channels before xmas.

What do we get ? 1 and thats History HD (Not counting Sky sports 2 and prem plus as their more of the same in the same way another sky movies hd channel wouldn't count)

Are there any firm channels on the horizon the we know are coming?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    I never expected any to be honest:)

Too many people spouting CS and agents marketing spiel more in hope than actual real expectation given the time required to put together a HD channel and the need to aquire UK licences well before any launch.

Many still believe that there could be something from Voom or Euro1080, still some hope of one of the terrestrials joining the party next year and well that's about as solid as you can get, all speculation and rumour:)

3. Mighty Gaz

Mighty Gaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nothing to do with sky. most HD channels aint ours. nothing to do with us when people launchj HD channels.

4. stevebain

stevebain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ho OH silly me. of course we are only subscribers paying for services:)
    I do realise it isn't upto Sky, tis the broadcasters who use Sky,s services, but my personal opinion is until there is more choice, Sky should drop the
    extra £10 a month fee

Steve

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

Without the £10 fee SKY HD would never have got off the ground and since the 5 new transponders have to be paid for then it's better we HD viewers foot the bill instead of spreading the cost over the other 8million customers:)

6. Mighty Gaz

Mighty Gaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    why on earth would they do that? you do realise that it coists way more to both produce and broadcast HD? and the fact that at no point have american HD customers paid less than us for HD? even though they have had HD for years.

they are a business. not a charity. the fact is that since you are paying it, along with many many others, why on earth would they lower it? they cant get the boxes installed quick enough for many.

the fact is people on the whole are more than happy to pay £10. and those aint exactly happy will do it anyway. there is zero chance of sky even considering dropping it.

7. stevebain

stevebain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hi

Yes I agree somewhat, I pay the £10 but tis annoying that a lot of the
    progs are repeated, over and over again, don't get me wrong, I find HD
    very good and watching the sports, and nature progs is really great

Steve