What happened to Gran Tourismo psp?

kevlar

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Gran Turismo was one of the titles first mentioned for the psp, I haven't seen or heard mention of it since. What gives?

well GT3 was ment to launch with the ps2 wasnt it? and gt4 was what 1 or 2 years late(missing online) so its no suprise to (not)see gt mobile anytime soon.

i dont really see ho wit can take them so long to make the same slow boring game, with very nice graphics (when paused)

I was thinking this myself the other day, does seem exactly what Sony did with Gt3...hype it far to early.

I still have my Asda order and will probably keep it until it gets cancelled (probably).

I don't think retailers release dates can be trusted, they've already moved areound so much as it is!

Apparently Sony have said that GT Mobile is not canned! Click here.

The primary reason I bought a PSP was for this game - I thought I'll get a PSP now and enjoy a couple of games and then GT will be out, what a joke:mad:

The PSP games I have got are ok but are now played and there is nothing else I especially want.

Sony really are a joke at the moment. They have had a signifcant part of my disposable income over the years and I feel I am now being treated as a second rate customer because they want to develop it for the PS3 - well I have a PSP now!!!

Well Sony you can forget it, I have had enough.

I wanted and tried to support you, but I now feel my PSP was a waste of money, the PS3 debacle is beyond funny now. A friend rang me yesterday and said you have got a PSP - any good? I have told him not to bother and get a DS (I have one and it is great) for portable gaming or get a 360 for home gaming. He texted me earlier to say he has bought a 360 this afternoon based on my recommendation.

My circle of friends all had PS2's, now 4 of them have bought 360's based on having a blast on mine and a further 4 of them are about to purchase a 360, two have recently traded PSP's for DS's as well.

I never considered myself particalarly biased for or against one company over another - for me it was always about the games and buying the console/hand held to play the games I wanted. But given the way Sony have treated me as a customer that has now changed. Everytime I am asked now (I am asked a lot) I shall go out of my way to recommend Microsoft and/or Nintendo and shall advise against Sony.

A seriously ****** off ex-Sony customer:mad:

Rant over, feel better now

Tejstar said:
Apparently Sony have said that GT Mobile is not canned! Click here.

so judging by that article (the PS3 version being a priority) that Play.com's date is a bit off? lol

WelshBluebird said:
so judging by that article (the PS3 version being a priority) that Play.com's date is a bit off? lol

I've still got my pre-order for this, not sure whether to cancel it or not. I'll probably years before they send it.. :boring::

guess we are still waiting!! :rotfl::rotfl:

Amazon.co.uk saying March 2008. Not sure I'd be willing to put any money on that!:clap:

Its time this thread was resurected, where the hell is it?

I read an interview with Kazunori Yamauchi last month. I think it was on Eurogamer.

He said that they were concentrating solely on GT5 for the PS3 now. He said they would want to make more of the PSP version than simply GT4 and to intergrate it into Ps3 GT5 but it wouldn't be revisited until after the full GT5is released.

Personally I don't think we will see it on this generation of the PSP, which is a shame because it was the main title I was attracted to when I bought my PSP even though I'm still a GT virgin.

I've never really understood why Gran Turismo titles take so long to be released. I mean, there was only two years between Forza 1 and 2 and those games weren't exactly rush jobs. Granted, the new GT has in-car views but so did PGR4 and that only took two years to arrive after the release of PGR3. Do Polyphony only have three people working for them or something?

I've never really understood why Gran Turismo titles take so long to be released. I mean, there was only two years between Forza 1 and 2 and those games weren't exactly rush jobs. Granted, the new GT has in-car views but so did PGR4 and that only took two years to arrive after the release of PGR3. Do Polyphony only have three people working for them or something?

Motivation I guess..
I hope one day Polyphony discover the games that Blimey can turn out for the PC. It might make them think before they declare that they are perfectionists.

It would be nice for console developers to focus on the fun and depth of online sim racing and not lose their way making just a car collecting game.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom